Associate Director Product Management, User Generated Content
Associate Director Product Management - User Generated Content (UGC)
At Wayfair, our Product Management team is responsible for providing the vision, execution and analysis necessary to delight customers with world class experiences on our web sites and apps. We are organized into small, focused, fully-resourced and -empowered teams to operate with the speed and focus of a startup, while benefiting from the resources of an established eCommerce leader.
The Associate Director, Product Management - User Generated Content (UGC) owns the building and maintaining of systems for collecting, presenting & applying user generated content off / and on our sites. With millions of products from our suppliers, customer reviews, - Q&A , - photos, - videos and various contributions from social channels can greatly enrich the shopping experience and help “her” find her perfect pieces. We’ve barely scratched the surface of the total opportunity with UGC and are looking for a leader to guide a cross-functional team of fellow product managers, engineers, designers, analysts. You will work with many partners throughout the org to define & build Wayfair’s UGC strategy & it’s execution across all of our customers’ devices during their entire experience. In the process, you will envision, build, and deliver customer experiences that impact tens of millions of consumers and billions of dollars in revenue.
This role presents significant technical, design, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be highly entrepreneurial, analytical and creative problem-solvers who are able to lead and grow a team of high performing product managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering. Perfect candidates can dive deep into technical details with fast-paced and highly talented product & engineering teams - while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our (product) organization, including executive level leadership.
- Develop a deep understanding of our users, customer journeys, competition, technology, team, and internal business strategy / goals
- Lead and mentor a growing team of product managers who can go deep both on the technology and user experience side of User Generated Content
- Create a product vision and strategy that will allow us to delight our target users and achieve our business goals
- Translate the product vision and strategy into a comprehensive roadmap, and ensure that our roadmap evolves as we learn and adjust our business goals
- Partner closely with your engineering, analytics, design, and business teams to execute against your roadmap and continually improve team velocity
- Use quantitative and qualitative data to continually improve our product in ways that matter most to our users and have the biggest impact on our KPIs
- Build strong relationships throughout the organization, to ensure transparency across our roadmaps and surface opportunities to improve our collective velocity, consistency and/or quality through collaboration
- Define, monitor and communicate KPIs for your product area
- Extensive experience in product management, business analysis & technology implementation, realized in a high-growth, competitive, highly complex environments (top-tier consulting, PE, e-commerce, retail)
- Demonstrated track record of successful management of product development execution from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Recognized success in directly leading & building teams; previous experience to develop and foster multi-level team attitudes that guide effective performance
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer-focused innovation
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strong oral and written communication skills - able to communicate effectively with senior management, tech teams, vendors and line teams
- Familiarity with SQL, AB & multivariate testing practices a plus
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Minimum BA with strong academic record (strong preference for STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics backgrounds)
Wayfair (NYSE: W) believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $5.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 10,800 people.
As our first global tech and product hub out of Boston, the Berlin office is driving tremendous growth and offers challenging and rewarding career and personal growth opportunities at any level.
Back to top