Associate Director, Product Management, Dynamic Supply Chain Routing & Delivery Experience
Associate Director Product Management Dynamic Supply Chain Routing & Delivery Experience
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to drive the development of a compelling, market-leading Delivery Experience for its European customers. The right product leader will play a critical role in enabling a best-in-class customer experience while optimizing decisions that drive this experience, balancing cost with customer value.
The Associate Director, EU Delivery Routing & Experience is responsible for defining a cross-platform product strategy horizontally, utilizing these technologies and proposing new ones, for providing a best-of-breed and differentiating home delivery experience - while also optimizing that experience for cost and speed wherever possible. This role will require a deep passion for driving amazing customer experiences, and solving complex problems across a diverse technology landscape and user base. The individual will need to work with teams across the company, including leaders from Category Management, Supplier Operations, Logistics & Fulfillment, Sales & Operations Planning and Engineering to create impact in a broad, complex space. The person who succeeds in this role must also be data-driven and able to sell big ideas to both nontechnical and technical stakeholders, and show value quickly through rapid iteration, compromise and creative problem-solving.
This role will lead a team of high performing product managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering. The leader will also be a key contributor to our strategy driving customer delivery offerings, challenging current models, and establishing new approaches made possible through product innovation.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a user-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for customer delivery experiences in Europe’s home & living industry.
Charter for this role:
- Define, own and measure impact of product development in your space to drive meaningful business growth and delightful delivery experiences to Wayfair’s EU customers
- Develop and maintain Delivery Experience technology roadmap in line with Wayfair’s customer experience vision, and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders
- Identify and achieve a balance of growth & expansion efforts while maintaining a delightful and accurate set of delivery experience expectations
- Work across multiple products/platforms involved in the creation of a delivery experience
- Leverage data and customer research insights to identify growth opportunities, and translate those opportunities into actionable product improvements & new features
- Develop framework for increasing and measuring speed of business value delivery, through cross-team relationships and lean product development practices
- Identify, research and recommend product development to drive market-leading delivery experiences in new EU markets
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all pertinent technology platforms to rapidly grow technical and contextual knowledge
- Follow market trends and technological developments, both within the EU and across Wayfair’s US and Canada businesses, to aid in product development and ideation efforts
- Embracing a test-and-learn product development culture in Wayfair’s organization
- Extensive years of successful product management experience from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Multiple years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Deep understanding of business strategy, metrics and user experience design
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong project management skill with ability to get things done
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and ‘get it done’ attitude
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Degree in Technology, Operations Research, Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Administration preferred, MBA a plus
- A bold and optimistic personality
- Brings the self-confidence and passion required to get things done in difficult times and find creative solutions to problems
- Applies a diverse set of leadership styles for the appropriate situation.
- Willing to work as is needed to build a world-class organization and company while serving the customers.
- Stays laser focused under competing priorities and can 80/20 with a close attention to detail
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top