Associate Director, Product Management, Dynamic Supply Chain Routing & Delivery Experience
Associate Director Product Management Dynamic Supply Chain Routing & Delivery Experience
Wayfair is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial product leader to drive the development of a compelling, market-leading Delivery Experience for its European customers. The right product leader will play a critical role in enabling a best-in-class customer experience while optimizing decisions that drive this experience, balancing cost with customer value.
The Associate Director, EU Delivery Routing & Experience is responsible for defining a cross-platform product strategy horizontally, utilizing these technologies and proposing new ones, for providing a best-of-breed and differentiating home delivery experience - while also optimizing that experience for cost and speed wherever possible. This role will require a deep passion for driving amazing customer experiences, and solving complex problems across a diverse technology landscape and user base. The individual will need to work with teams across the company, including leaders from Category Management, Supplier Operations, Logistics & Fulfillment, Sales & Operations Planning and Engineering to create impact in a broad, complex space. The person who succeeds in this role must also be data-driven and able to sell big ideas to both nontechnical and technical stakeholders, and show value quickly through rapid iteration, compromise and creative problem-solving.
This role will lead a team of high performing product managers to bring that vision to reality, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Engineering. The leader will also be a key contributor to our strategy driving customer delivery offerings, challenging current models, and establishing new approaches made possible through product innovation.
This is a tremendous opportunity for a user-centric product leader to create a new benchmark for customer delivery experiences in Europe’s home & living industry.
Charter for this role:
- Define, own and measure impact of product development in your space to drive meaningful business growth and delightful delivery experiences to Wayfair’s EU customers
- Develop and maintain Delivery Experience technology roadmap in line with Wayfair’s customer experience vision, and disseminate regular updates to key stakeholders
- Identify and achieve a balance of growth & expansion efforts while maintaining a delightful and accurate set of delivery experience expectations
- Work across multiple products/platforms involved in the creation of a delivery experience
- Leverage data and customer research insights to identify growth opportunities, and translate those opportunities into actionable product improvements & new features
- Develop framework for increasing and measuring speed of business value delivery, through cross-team relationships and lean product development practices
- Identify, research and recommend product development to drive market-leading delivery experiences in new EU markets
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all pertinent technology platforms to rapidly grow technical and contextual knowledge
- Follow market trends and technological developments, both within the EU and across Wayfair’s US and Canada businesses, to aid in product development and ideation efforts
- Embracing a test-and-learn product development culture in Wayfair’s organization
- Extensive years of successful product management experience from vision, to deployment, and ongoing impact optimization
- Multiple years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Deep understanding of business strategy, metrics and user experience design
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Extensive experience working with Excel is required
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong project management skill with ability to get things done
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and ‘get it done’ attitude
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Degree in Technology, Operations Research, Logistics, Supply Chain or Business Administration preferred, MBA a plus
- A bold and optimistic personality
- Brings the self-confidence and passion required to get things done in difficult times and find creative solutions to problems
- Applies a diverse set of leadership styles for the appropriate situation.
- Willing to work as is needed to build a world-class organization and company while serving the customers.
- Stays laser focused under competing priorities and can 80/20 with a close attention to detail
Back to top