Associate Director- Pricing & Profitability Products
Associate Director, Product Management - Head of Pricing Systems
Wayfair is seeking a talented leader and product owner to oversee the development and day to day management of Wayfair’s dynamic pricing system. The Head of Pricing Systems will oversee a team of systems analysts and product managers and direct the activities of a dedicated, in-house 20-person software engineering organization. They will champion system stability, work to successfully integrate with other internal software systems, and partner closely with various business leaders to invent new ways of presenting value to customers.
Core to success in this role will be a deep sense of ownership, the ability to understand how changes in various parts of the system propagate to consumers, strong business acumen, and the ability to partner with both technical and business leaders to drive action. This person will be responsible for the Pricing System from end to end including ingestion of raw inputs and data science models, optimal price calculation, and presentation of pricing and sale messaging to consumers.
- Design systems that balance rigorous and principled decision making with the pragmatic flexibility required to run the business on a day to day basis.
- Develop, champion, and execute long term system roadmap.
- Partner with various Wayfair teams to understand how changes to the business will impact raw data, business metrics, inputs into the pricing ecosystem, and customer facing prices.
- Partner with engineering leaders to ensure system stability and optimal customer facing prices.
- Work with data science leaders to incorporate latest insights into optimal price generation.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the Pricing infrastructure and system to all levels of the company including the senior executive team.
- Invest in and mentor a team of analysts and product managers while recruiting top talent to further scale the team.
- 5+ years' experience in product management, business analysis, & technology implementation in a consulting, retail, or consumer facing technology environment preferred.
- Comfortable working closely with leaders in both data science and business strategy groups.
- Proven ability to navigate large and complex data structures.
- Takes pride in building things.
- Ability to balance minute details with broad strategy.
- Experience working alongside software engineers on large scale product development.
- Cool, calm, and collected under pressure.
- Penchant for big ideas.
- Strong academic background in a technical or quantitative field, MBA a plus.
- A strong bias for action, collaboration, and testing.
- Experience with SQL and desire to become an expert.
- Ability to create an internal network to drive action cross-functionally.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top