Associate Director, Post-Order Customer Experience
Are you passionate about e-commerce, understanding consumer behavior, and creating intuitive and efficient solutions? Do you like the complexity of a global company and also crave the fast-paced nature of a rapidly growing startup where you can build and mentor a world-class product management team? We’re looking for an experienced Associate Director to lead the design and implementation of best-in-class customer facing tools and communications that enable our customers to easily self-service and find the answers to their post-order questions.
The successful candidate will marry consumer feedback and usage patterns with customer service operational data to rapidly plan and execute experiments that will have the biggest impact on the customer post-order experience. This includes driving self-service via My Orders and enabling an exceptional delivery experience through timely and accurate updates. You will build and lead a team of experienced Product Managers to identify gaps in the current product capabilities and apply a data-driven framework to prioritize and iterate on solutions that maximize the value delivered to the business stakeholders. You will be responsible for working cross functionally with the senior management, making appropriate project related tradeoffs, and measuring success of the team’s initiatives.
In This Role You Will:
- Lead a team of product managers (8+) to drive a roadmap
- Benchmark current state KPIs to identify enhancement opportunities and utilize data to understand the scope, impact, and priority of projects
- Monitor performance of the team’s initiatives and measure impact of product enhancements
- Develop a deep understanding of the customer journeys and user workflows
- Work cross-functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans and the team on the highest impact activities
- Collaborate with Storefront, Customer Service, Analytics, and other peers within OPI
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Develop a hiring plan to support the roadmap
- Build and mentor a team of experienced Product Managers to translate that vision into robust, intuitive systems
Who We’re Looking For
- 8+ years of experience in product management with a history of driving results (preferably e-commerce)
- 4+ years experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Strong UX/UI background - Ability to define and set a product vision/direction in terms of the user experience and overall usability
- Strong quantitative reasoning and ability to proactively deep dive and dig into data and KPIs to assess internal user behavior and to identify key improvements to the tool sets
- Ability to work independently and motivate and lead teams to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- Technical and analytical aptitude or background (enough to be dangerous)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
Bachelor’s degree in a technology, business discipline, or MBA a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top