Associate Director, Operations Strategy
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Logistics to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive initiatives related to our most strategic topics that will propel Wayfair from $4B to $10B and beyond. Operations in Wayfair covers a broad based continuum that includes: Supplier Operations, Sales and Service, Product Merchandising, Global Delivery, Customer Experience Center of Excellence, Process Transformation, and more. The Supply Chain & Logistics team develops and executes transformational strategies that generate game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction. Roles in Supply Chain & Logistics combine strategy with hands on execution and the ability to own and drive results. Dedicated teams work directly with suppliers, vendors and customers to provide new levels of efficiency and performance supporting all Wayfair businesses globally. Success relies on innovative problem solving, strong business acumen and quantitative skills, and collaboration with external and internal partners.
What You'll Do
- International Supply Chain: Build the international supply chain for Wayfair at the first mile from the source of our supply from the factories in Asia to our warehousing network in US, Canada, Germany, and UK. Create, implement and scale the global operations footprint and operating model to balance Supplier and global support needs. Design first mile and inbound solutions for minimal cost, define optimal set of inputs from international warehouses, ocean liners, drayage providers and trucking companies
- North American Transportation & Network Operations: Own the end-to-end network operations and transportation for Wayfair's Delivery Network, from supplier induction through hand-off for last mile customer delivery. Build a leading-class transportation network through more intelligent network routing, execution, and carrier strategy implementation. This includes focus on continuous improvement and operational excellence across the network to drive speed, visibility, and achieve an exceptional customer experience through supply chain service.
- Large Parcel: Ensure that every large parcel customer receives the product they ordered in the most efficient manner possible through development and enhancement of proprietary and 3rd party software and 3rd party partner selection and management. Partner with our field organization to resolve network wide and site specific challenges, working together to raise the bar of what a home delivery experience should be.
- Returns & Incident Reduction: Create a pain free customer returns experience that will generate loyalty and repeat purchases in a way that reduces costs to Wayfair. This will be done through customer experience analysis, driving supply chain cost and efficiency, re-marketing of items that are returned, and incident and damage resolution.
- Small Parcel (Customer Experience): Build the end to end strategy of our small parcels from order to delivery. Partner with with internal stakeholders, senior leadership, and carriers to ensure the customer receives their package quickly and on time with an optimal customer experience. This position requires heavy cross functional communication across the company, big picture critical and strategic thinking, and ability to use technology to solve problems.
- Supplier Performance: Our team works with over 7000 suppliers to provide a world-class fulfillment experience for our customers. Streamlined and automated data integration with our suppliers is crucial to our success. Our network of suppliers is vast and spans the full spectrum of technological sophistication. We rely on the fast, automated exchange of information such as inventory levels, orders, tracking information as the foundation of our business. As we grow, we need to be ahead of the curve in identifying opportunities, designing solutions, and implementing change with our suppliers and internally.
What You'll Need
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years total experience
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions.
- Senior presence, ability to clearly and consistently work side-by-side across functions and departments synthesizing multiple points of view into a coherent action plan.
- Ability to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer.
- Ability to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- MBA preferred.
- 3 + years post MBA experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top