Associate Director of Global Supply Chain Compliance
Associate Director, Global Trade Compliance
Wayfair and its supply chain team, CastleGate Logistics, are looking for a seasoned and entrepreneurial trade compliance professional to lead our Global Customs & Trade Compliance operation. As the head of Global Customs & Trade Compliance, you will set and execute the global strategy for delivering on operational efficiency in compliance processes and duty avoidance. You will be a leader who will be challenged to bring practical and creative approaches and solutions to the compliance function and to assess risks and opportunities appropriately and collaborate across teams and dedicate resources where needed. You will be expected to be a senior advisor to the procurement, supply chain and merchandise groups and combine a deep expertise in customs, trade compliance and trade security requirements with a full understanding of Wayfair and CastleGate’s business goals and supply chain requirements.
As the head of Wayfair and CastleGate’s Global Customs & Trade Compliance function, you will:
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive compliance program that enables the rapid and seamless movement of our Supplier’s goods to and from Wayfair and CastleGate’s facilities in Canada, Europe, Australia and the United States.
- Understand and ensure global ocean forwarding compliance and operating authority, including, but not limited to FMC compliance, with regard to rate offerings and ocean supply chain processes for our NVOCC CastleGate Logistics.
- Identify opportunities or needs to participate in various global supply chain security programs (I.E C-TPAT and/or other global programs)
- Audit existing processes and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance Properly maintain all necessary documentation and records with regard to these compliance areas. Building on the paperless approach already created.
- Remain fully prepared for inquiries from various global supply chain trade regulators
- Act as the senior point of contact with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Canada Border Services Agency and EU and UK authorities on matters related to import operations and trade compliance.
- Oversee strategic direction and tactical implementation of duty savings programs
- Manage, support and evaluate Wayfair and CastleGate’s network of customs brokers and understand the unique partnership role they have in our management of our Supplier’s goods in our supply chain.
- Provide expert advice and support to the procurement, supply chain, and logistics teams.
- Remain current in customs regulations and processes and ensure internal teams are properly trained to comply with existing regulations and prepared for changes in the regulatory environment – including Brexit.
You will bring:
- Deep background and understanding of U.S. and Canadian customs regulations and practices, with at least a high-level background on customs issues and regulatory requirements in Europe and Asia with a willingness and ability to understand and develop expertise in these areas as well.
- Success in implementing and maintaining a global Customs program, including policies, procedures and training and a thorough knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff System.
- Experience managing customs brokers to a documented trade compliance program.
- Analytical problem-solving skills and experience in advising fast-paced global business operations on trade compliance issues.
- Sound and balanced judgment and business awareness, with an appropriate understanding of the need to pragmatically assess risk.
- A drive for excellence and for delivering outstanding service that exceeds client expectations.
- A passionate self-starter with a “get things done” mind-set and approach, but always consistent with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- 10+ years of experience with a global company handling complex trade compliance issues; e-commerce experience a plus
- Well versed in global trade compliance regulations related to ocean freight consolidation and forwarding
- Experience as a Licensed Customs Broker and Certified Customs Specialist.
- Experience managing remote team members.
- Knowledge of FMC regulations and strong familiarity with global trade security program
- Demonstrated success working with U.S. CBP and other Government agencies on a wide range of regulatory and technical issues
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top