Associate Director, Consumer Financing
Reporting to the head of Customer Loyalty, this role is responsible for rapidly growing our portfolio of consumer credit and financing options to support Wayfair’s ambitious growth agenda. With full responsibility for prime, subprime and alternate consumer financing options you’ll lead a team to develop and execute an aggressive product and marketing roadmap. You’ll partner across virtually every part of the broader organization and with top tier lenders and FinTech companies globally.
This is a highly visible role and is ideal for experienced consultants or investment banking professionals looking to rapidly broaden the scope of their general management and leadership experience. Tasked with managing a very large and rapidly growing revenue line a qualified candidate must have strong quantitative, leadership and vendor management capabilities.
- Manage a business approaching ~$1B including the Wayfair Credit Card, alternate financing options (e.g. Affirm) and building out a waterfall financing portfolio with other lenders and FinTech companies.
- Own planning and forecasting; developing and managing program resources including a team, budgets and vendors; driving annual customer growth and promotion calendar.
- Improve the customer experience by partnering with Product and Engineering to optimize our offerings through product enhancements while developing and testing new features and products.
- Research trends, opportunities, competitors and other factors that affect the business and aggressively pursue innovative initiatives to support growth (e.g. new strategic partnerships, expanded promotions, new products, etc).
- Own relationship management of existing third-party lenders while driving strategic negotiations with new partners.
- Grow the existing team by adding new team members to own various aspects of the program and ensure we are rapidly addressing unmet demand with new solutions.
- 10+ years experience in customer growth/category, product, or strategy consulting
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments; Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Ability to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Experience managing a small team is a plus
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and Test and Learn practices a plus
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative backgrounds: economics, statistics etc.)
- Top MBA preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top