Associate Director – Availability Management Product
Wayfair is looking for a strategic product leader to join our Operations Product Innovation department and lead our Availability Management product team.
You will lead a small team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for the Availability Management initiative, which has a mission to dramatically improve consumers’ experience by ensuring the items they want are available for purchase with the ideal delivery experience. You will work cross-functionally with senior management, making appropriate project-related tradeoffs across brands and measuring success of the team’s investments. This is a new initiative team, and includes significant visibility and collaboration with senior leaders across several Wayfair functions.
The Availability Management initiative team is charged with keeping the right items in stock, in the right place, at the right time. You will build a product platform, and evolve existing products, that support development of in-stock strategies and the execution of these strategies in the form of inventory positioning and management capabilities. This includes integrations to address required capacity and resources to support the items and in-stock positions we need. You will build products that create accurate and usable demand forecasts and enable cross-functional collaboration on demand between merchandising, pricing, planning, supply chain, and logistics teams. You will work to connect availability strategies to replenishment and positioning products that result in the right items, in the right quantities, in the right place, at the right time, sourced optimally to set up the ideal delivery experience for Wayfair customers, oriented around speed and convenience of delivery, service availability, and price points that delight.
What you will do:
- Partner with senior leaders to define initiative vision and strategy
- Define and measure business impact, and monitor performance of the team’s initiatives
- Work with your team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization
- Develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Counsel business leaders in operations and other departments on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Serve as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers and associates
- Work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and enhancements
- Contribute meaningfully to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of OPI at large
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Evidence of lean startup execution and “get it done” attitude
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- 5+ years product management experience working with operational or merchandising systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 3+ years’ experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Strong project management skill with ability to get things done
- Educational background in either a technology or business discipline preferred
- Technical background, or technical orientation; very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Proficient and comfortable with relational database query languages and data architecture
- Subject matter familiarity of demand planning, replenishment and procurement processes preferred
- Subject matter familiarity in merchandising and marketing strategy also strongly preferred
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top