Associate Creative Director, B2B & Services
We’re looking for a creative visionary who’s passionate about the power of brand, design & experience in impacting the future direction of our business. You are seen as a leader to both marketing partners and creative teams alike.
This role will be responsible for inspiring and working with our B2B, Design Services, and Home Services teams -setting the creative vision for each, overseeing day-to-day creative execution, and concepting marketing campaigns. You will play a key role in building brand awareness and consideration, as well as driving customer acquisition and loyalty. You will balance meaty, idea-led work with high-volume day-to-day production needs.
The B2B/Services creative teams are comprised of designers and copywriters, and will partner with shared creative disciplines such as illustration, motion, photo studio, and video creative. You will be expected to empower, not micro-manage, those teams to execute the larger creative idea and vision. Experience in building and leading teams, and providing actionable feedback is a must. Must also be a manager/doer who delegates well, but isn’t afraid to get hands-on with the work. Above all else, you and your team understand that achieving results in improving the creative product is the most important measure of success.
- Leader and creative visionary with ability to operationalize plans
- Mentor, coach and thoughtful manager
- Effective and open communicator
- Seamless collaborator within and across disciplines
- Skilled and compelling presenter
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Leadership & Vision
- Frame and drive a distinctive creative vision for multiple brands and verticals
- Orchestrate, nurture and inspire disciplines in the creation of that vision across its varied executions (print, video, digital, experiential, etc)
- Grow and retain a high functioning creative team able to exceed partner and customer expectations
- Cultivate positive morale and address issues that dampen it
- Embrace the role research and testing play in de/refining brand and creative ideas, and optimizing executional work
- Instill confidence in business partners of team’s vision and creative excellence
- Able to help recruit uncommon talent
- Equally skilled at executing as concepting or delegating
- Remain constantly aware of new development within the industry
- Dynamic presenter, able to engage partners and build a strategic narrative for each creative solution
Business Partnership & Project Management
- Partner with your business partners to navigate business priorities and demands, and with Project Management to scope work and build project plans that properly set our team up for success
- Ideate integrated programs with cross-functional partners and execute across disciplines
- Lead clients through the creative process, building strategic brand arguments for the creative and upholding the integrity of the idea through production
- Monitor and review all creative output of department ensuring creative standards
- Manage the creative development and execution of new idea proposals and presentations (including ppt/keynote presentations, mood boards, storyboards, etc)
- Experience: 8+ years of industry experience, with some B2B background
- A creative thinker who has a portfolio that demonstrates the ability to formulate a brand vision, and ideate and execute innovative strategies to support brand initiatives
- A track record of building strong lasting partnerships and fostering teamwork
- Strong business writing, storytelling, communication, presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically in your creative ideation
- Experience managing, building and empowering teams
- Previous in-house experience with knowledge of how to navigate complex matrixed organizations
- Advanced level of proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (including PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and/or After Effects)
- Preferred subject matter expert in one or more of the following industries: Home/Lifestyle, CPG, Luxury/Fashion, Retail, Ecommerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Back to top