Wayfair Native Mobile Team is hiring! We're looking for a sharp and creative Android Developer to work on our suite of native Apps for our brands. We're a leader in global e-commerce with net revenue of $3.4 billion in 2016, and are continuing our growth in the realm of mobile product development.
There are enormous challenges in creating and enhancing native applications for highly complex, multi-tier brands with extensive functionality while maintaining a high level of Customer Satisfaction. Over two million people have downloaded our existing Android Applications and which enables access to 7+ million products across two brands and four countries! Currently we have 500 thousand active monthly users and 20+ million screen views monthly with massive growth year over year.
Several projects you'd be part of:
- We are building several Android apps to represent all the Wayfair brands (5 current e-commerce sites)
- Work closely as an important partner in a talented, open, & fun e-commerce engineering team
- Use the latest open tools and processes like git and scrum
- Integrating the latest technology into the Android App to allow customers to have truly unique experiences they can’t get anywhere else
About Wayfair Mobile:
- Our mobile apps are a highly visible part of the Wayfair brand
- We are committed to giving users an excellent experience on their mobile devices
- Our mobile apps have been downloaded over 5 million times (iOS and Android)
- We send nearly 1 million push messages to users every day (iOS and Android)
- We have an open and fun culture where we use our brains
- We are committed to using open tools
- We have the pace of a start-up combined with the stability of a billion dollar company
- We have a few Open Sourced projects and are looking for new parts of our codebase to open up
- We strive to do Continuous Integration for our Android App; releasing to Production once a week and utilizing the Alpha and Beta Channels for testing
What you bring to the table:
- Sense of humor and a love of mobile technologies
- Great communication skills and a genuine team orientation
- Understanding of the mobile market: how apps are designed, built, tested and submitted to the app store and maintained / enhanced
- Strong desire to learn and grow both with Mobile technologies and traditional client / server technologies
An ideal candidate has experience with most of the following:
- Very good understanding of Java and Android; including lifecycle, design patterns, best practices, and Material Design
- Experience targeting multiple Android devices, both phones and tablets, from multiple manufacturers and across all OS versions
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design & Development, MVP, MVVM, VIPER, and Clean Architecture
- A minimum of 2-3+ years of professional experience developing native Android Apps
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top