Accounting Manager - German & English (m/f)
Wayfair.de and .co.uk has Europe’s largest online selection of furniture, home furnishings, décor and goods including more than 1.8 million products from over 3,500 suppliers across the EU and is constantly increasing.
Our EU business is expanding rapidly and require high performing talent to support our needs. We are looking for an Accounting Manager to deliver all Accounting and Payroll-related requirements for the business. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant or have relevant finance experience along with the ability to lead a team. You will be bi-lingual in English and German and have strong vendor management skills to work effectively with our external partner.
Key job responsibilities include:
- Manage our payroll associate and submission of German Payroll to external provider
- Review of the payroll calculations and posting to GL
- Cash management and reporting
- Ensuring our compliance files are adequately maintained
- Internal monthly reporting and year-end reporting packs
- Completion of key tasks/processes to ensure accurate and timely accounts at month end.
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations & review to strict deadlines and procedures.
- Develop and support internal controls within the business
- SOX controls and external audit processes
- Provide back up and support to team members as required (e.g. Irish or UK accounts)
- Liaise with external auditors on Wayfair GmbH accounts
- Ensure compliance on German VAT, Trade Register, Corporation Tax, State Taxes, etc.
- Sufficient Accounting Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English and German
- The ability to mentor and coach
- Preferred experience with ERP systems (Datev, Netsuite)
- Ability to work autonomously and to deadlines
- Good analytical skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to be proactive and prioritize workload
- Desire to take on responsibility and develop the role
- You are open-minded and work as a team player
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially advanced Excel
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus, office snacks and drinks but also…
- An awesome team right in the startup hub of Berlin, Kreuzberg
- A huge opportunity to be an early entrant and set the stage with us
- Career path guidance
- We want to share our company with you in stock units
- We pitch in to your gym membership and office sport events
- Monthly team events
- And let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Back to top