3D Operations Customer Support Associate
- Boston, MA
3D Merch Services (MaaS Operations) - Operations Customer Support Associate
About the department
Are you curious about what the next generation of e-commerce will look like and how billions will shop in the next 5-10 years? Do you want to be a part owner at a revolutionary company, where you’ll contribute to complex business cases? At Wayfair, we are redefining the way our customers can shop for furniture & home goods, using cutting edge technologies. We are looking for self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, intellectual curiosity, and passion for driving digital solutions.
The 3D Operations department is a new and rapidly growing team at Wayfair. It is one of Wayfair’s top initiatives. For ecommerce, images sell products, however the traditional method of creating images in a photo studio is time consuming and expensive. Wayfair is partnering with Google, Facebook, and other leaders in the industry disrupt the imagery space and shift the industry towards the creation of computer-generated 3D product models and rooms that can be combined to create imagery for products at a grand scale for a fraction of the cost. These 3D models also enable the new way of shopping for customers through exciting AR/VR initiatives.
Wayfair is shifting the industry towards 3D and we’re just getting started. Since this is a new area, expertise in 3D modeling or 3D imagery is not a requirement. If you are driven by making a large impact and redefining the industry, then this is the right team for you.
About the role
WIthin the 3D Department, the 3D Merch Services team is the vertical that offers 3D technology and assets to our supplier network, so that suppliers can enhance their merchandising on site. We help her find the product she wants on Wayfair by creating a visually inspiring and dynamic browsing experience on Wayfair.com and our associated brands. To our suppliers, we provide turnkey merchandising services that lower the barrier of entry for new suppliers to launch on Wayfair while we offer a kit of merchandising services that will generate new and optimize the existing content of our supplier partners.
In this position, you will be supporting supplier asset production, namely within the 3D modeling and 3D imagery pipelines. This means that you will help triage and provide resolutions to items pertaining to the tactical production of supplier requests. At the same time, you will provide valuable support to the Account Management team, and assist in supplier/client communication on outstanding questions and issues on their orders.
Key tasks and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Diagnosing supplier/customer questions and maintaining customer service ticket queue/inbox
- Creating new documentation and processes to improve supplier/customer communication and troubleshooting
- Tracking SKU/asset production, end-to-end pipeline from assignment to delivery
- Reporting on SKU/asset production, noting turn-around-time on supplier-related production statuses, and time to resolution on supplier questions and issues
- Working closely with the account management team to understand major pain-points and work towards developing short-term and long-term solutions
- Partnering closely with the product management team to evaluate opportunities, prioritize and execute on projects that continuously improve our customers' experience. You'll also be working on projects that will be aimed at increasing internal process efficiencies, reducing overall cross-functional team effort by eliminating "wastes" in processes.
Desired skills and experience
- 1+ years of experience with communicating/managing clients, enhancing processes, tools, and reporting
- Prior experience in a customer service or support role is a plus
- Highly analytical ( Excel proficiency is a must, experience with SQL is a plus)
- Rigorous and transparent organization and execution
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of seniority; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Collaborative by nature; ability to build relationships and buy-in to drive change effectively in a positive manner
- Entrepreneurial spirit and/or prior experience in a high-growth/startup environment; willingness to roll-up sleeves, dig in, and hustle
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
Back to top