3D Art Manager - Technical Model Production
3D Art Manager for Technical Model Production
The 3D Visualization team is a brand new and rapidly growing and changing team within Wayfair. The team is working on highly visible projects and is driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery available to our customers. Within the 3D Viz team, we are building out a new function, where the focus will be on model production (modeling, developing high quality modeling standards, training/educating modelers, and creating modeling resources). Applicants must be ready to take on a lot of responsibility, work hard, learn a lot, and drive big results. An entrepreneurial, self-starter mentality is a must. It is important that applicants are comfortable with change and rigorous prioritization of work.
The 3D Art Manager will lead and mentor a team of artists, must have expert technical skills in our suite of software, and have the portfolio to show for it. We are looking for someone who is not only able to produce high quality 3D models, but who can also teach it and develop a modeling curriculum that is best in the industry. You will work alongside other Senior Artists, both producing content and mentoring a growing team of junior artists. Successful candidates will have the passion, drive, and desire to constantly improve.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with external stakeholders, namely upper management, to onboard into model production program to significantly scale product modeling pipeline (example: help lead high value modeler interactions such as live or webinar training sessions, and track technical customer success model to ensure modelers are progressing with model output)
- Comprehend technical and visual model quality standards, and diagnose and provide feedback on technical issues and visual discrepancies
- Oversee technical model QA and audits from both in-house and offshore teams
- Develop comprehensive 3D modeling curriculum with 3D artist team tailored to Wayfair standards, as well as communicating feedback from modelers and owning the response (example: create training materials/delegate to team, based on modeler performance, modeler feedback, and overall model quality based on KPIs)
- Work closely with account management team to develop technical standards for external parties
- Optimize existing processes and create new processes, which will span work with art/tech teams, account managers, engineers, product managers, and 3rdparty contractors
- Partner with product managers to develop technology tools to establish and improve new and existing processes
- Manage, proactively train and support junior members of team, in art/tech skills as well as career development
- Strategize future initiatives to streamline workflows
- Decide priorities of special projects, which proposals to move forward with based on business need, and lead and support special projects as necessary
- Expert knowledge of 3ds Max, V-Ray 3.x, and Photoshop
- Demonstrated knowledge of photo-realistic lighting, camera, composition, modeling, topology, UV unwrapping, materials, textures, and color theory
- Proven ability to create photo-realistic models and understanding the nuances of how to create a high-quality model
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability and desire to be both technical and creative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams.
- Artist mentorship or teaching experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, work against a deadline, and have a high degree of comfort with constant change
- BA/BS degree from a 4-year college or university
- High level of computer literacy
- Positive “can-do” attitude and a sense of humor
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Meet Some of Wayfair's Employees
Senior Product Manager
Virginia works to deliver the best in class shipping experiences to help build trust with Wayfair’s customers.
Back to top