Plans and Manages divisional delivery fleet operations. Manage Drivers and primary Transportation Management Router. Recommends changes to policies and procedures and conducts operations according to established policies and procedures. Establishes open and effective communications with WAXIE customers, Human Resources, Warehouse Manager, Day and Night Warehouse Managers, Lead Driver, Sales Management, and Sales Professionals. Institutes and enforces safety programs and related safety polices. Acts as a key member of the division leadership team and reports directly to Warehouse Manager.
- Select, train, motivate, and lead a team of drivers.
- Know, support and enforce company policies.
- Establish a good working relationship with each driver.
- Appraise performance and recommend salary and disciplinary actions.
- Create an excellent working relationship with Warehouse Leads, and Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (AM/PM).
- Fill in for the Warehouse Managers when needed.
- Participate as a key member of the Division management and Safety Committee team.
- Approve time cards, overtime, and requests for time off ensuring payroll is accurate for each driver.
- Measure and record driver performance and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary Transportation Management Software router through proper use and maintenance of customer data base (GeoCodes/Timewindows/Delivery Days).
- Ensure customer’s delivery needs are met in a timely and accurate manner by documenting specific shipping instructions in both A+ and the TMS.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance program and act as primary contact with Penske concerning vehicle issues for PM, new vehicle leases, fuel tax reporting, rental agreements, and vehicle turn in process.
- Utilize and evaluate Drivers through the proper use of On-Demand.
- Review both the working condition and physical appearance of vehicles to ensure compliance with vehicle damage reporting.
- Provide Driver new hire orientation, safety ride along check rides, cargo security checks.
- Provide route conciliation process for Reverse Logistics ensuring that inventory is properly accounted for while processing Go-Again deliveries.
- Ensure compliance with FMCSR(s) and ensure that WAXIE successfully passes all DOT and CHP compliance inspections.
- Adhere to all WAXIE & OSHA safety protocols.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Provide proper safety training on Driver Safety, Vehicle Procedures, Material Handling Equipment, Ergonomic lifting, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Report and correct all safety violations and unsafe working conditions.
- Monitor Driver safety performance through the use of SmartDrive and Driver’s Alert.
- Understand evacuation plans in case of a fire or natural disaster.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Previous fleet/transportation management or supervisory experience
- Current Holder of a Class A CDL
- Driving experience and Class A license
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Knowledge of delivery areas
- Computer (Windows based PC) and typing
- Oral and written communication
- AS 400 (system) knowledge
- Transportation and routing
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Meet Some of WAXIE Sanitary Supply's Employees
Sales Manager, San Diego
Umahl oversees a team of nine sales representatives, ensuring they each have the tools they need to succeed and meet growth goals each sales period.
Back to top