Outside Sales Representative Trainee (Bull Pen Rep)
We know what you are thinking... selling toilet paper? Well, WAXIE has been in business doing just that (and a lot more) since 1945. We have a great family culture which you can see on our Instagram page and also on Glassdoor with our 4.6 rating.
So what is the job? The is an entry level sales job where we develop you through our robust training program and eventually assign you your own territory to manage. While you are getting trained you will get to participate in formal WAXIE classroom training (sometimes in San Diego, CA), sales rep ride alongs, on-line training curriculum, etc. Your main focus will be to learn the ropes so that you can help us grow our business in Hayward, Oakland, and Berkeley but also other parts of the East Bay or even downtown San Francisco, depending on what territories are open when you are fully trained.
Who are we looking for? WAXIE is looking for someone who is a problem solver. We need someone who can partner with a customer and help them come up with solutions to keep their buildings and work areas cleaner, healthier, greener, and Safer.
The Livermore location is run by a General Manager who manages two Sales Managers and one Operations Manager. You will be reporting to one of those two Sales Managers. Want to see which one? Click here.
- Work closely with experiences Sales Reps and your Sales Manager to learn how to:
- Leverage WAXIE's unique Consultative Selling Process (CSP).
- Manage existing customer base attempting to increase sales by introducing new products and solutions.
- Research and target new business opportunities to help grow new business.
- Create business proposals after visiting with customers and analyzing where WAXIE can provide value and possibly reduce costs.
- Develop business reviews with customers to highlight the value that WAXIE brings to their organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous customer service, inside sales, or related experience preferred.
- Organized and able to self-manage.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and follow through skills.
- Ability to travel to WAXIE's Livermore, CA office and customer locations.
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Meet Some of WAXIE Sanitary Supply's Employees
E-commerce Analyst, Corporate Office
Alex oversees the WAXIE e-commerce website, merchandising popular products and improving search functions to help users find what they’re looking for and ensure each feature functions properly.
Back to top