WAXIE Sanitary Supply is looking for a skilled Fleet Supervisor to join the Seattle, Washington team!
This position is responsible for planning and managing divisional delivery fleet operations and is responsible for management of route drivers and fleet personnel.
This role will establish open and effective communication with WAXIE customers, HR, Warehouse team, Sales team and more. As a key member of our Seattle leadership team, the Fleet manager will also institute and enforce safety programs and policies.
This position is Monday through Friday, day shift.
Compensation: $48,000-$61,000 DOE
- Select, train, motivate, and lead a team of drivers.
- Know, support and enforce company policies.
- Establish a good working relationship with each driver.
- Appraise performance and recommend salary and disciplinary actions.
- Create an excellent working relationship with Warehouse Leads, and Warehouse Manager/Supervisor (AM/PM).
- Fill in for the Warehouse Managers when needed.
- Participate as a key member of the Division management and Safety Committee team.
- Approve time cards, overtime, and requests for time off ensuring payroll is accurate for each driver.
- Measure and record driver performance and productivity.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Primary Transportation Management Software router through proper use and maintenance of customer data base (GeoCodes/Timewindows/Delivery Days).
- Ensure customer’s delivery needs are met in a timely and accurate manner by documenting specific shipping instructions in both A+ and the TMS.
- Monitor vehicle maintenance program and act as primary contact with Penske concerning vehicle issues for PM, new vehicle leases, fuel tax reporting, rental agreements, and vehicle turn in process.
- Utilize and evaluate Drivers through the proper use of On-Demand.
- Review both the working condition and physical appearance of vehicles to ensure compliance with vehicle damage reporting.
- Provide Driver new hire orientation, safety ride along check rides, cargo security checks.
- Provide route conciliation process for Reverse Logistics ensuring that inventory is properly accounted for while processing Go-Again deliveries.
- Ensure compliance with FMCSR(s) and ensure that WAXIE successfully passes all DOT and CHP compliance inspections.
- Adhere to all WAXIE & OSHA safety protocols.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings.
- Provide proper safety training on Driver Safety, Vehicle Procedures, Material Handling Equipment, Ergonomic lifting, and Personal Protective Equipment.
- Report and correct all safety violations and unsafe working conditions.
- Monitor Driver safety performance through the use of SmartDrive and Driver’s Alert.
- Understand evacuation plans in case of a fire or natural disaster.
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Previous fleet/transportation leadership experience
- Current Holder of Class B CDL (minimum)
- Knowledge of DOT regulations and local areas
- Computer (Windows based PC) and typing
- Oral and written communication
- AS400 (system) experience preferred but not required
- Transportation and routing
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employ
Meet Some of WAXIE Sanitary Supply's Employees
E-commerce Analyst, Corporate Office
Alex oversees the WAXIE e-commerce website, merchandising popular products and improving search functions to help users find what they’re looking for and ensure each feature functions properly.
Back to top