CDL Driver (Class A or Class B)
WAXIE has a unique driving opportunity that includes delivering WAXIE products throughout our Norther California footprint but also leadership responsibilities. WAXIE knows this combination is hard to find and is willing to pay for the right candidate.
So what is the job? 60-70% of the time you will be driving a WAXIE truck delivering products. Some days you will have a scheduled route other days you may be serving as a backup driver for someone who has called out or assisting with a heavy route. When you are not driving you would be conducting road tests (1-2 times per month), ensuring Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIRs) are completed, providing light coaching and observations to pass along to the Fleet Supervisor for either performance appraisal or disciplinary action, reminding drivers on upcoming expiration dates, driver log compliance, etc. The day typically starts at 5:30am and ends when all deliveries have been made. This usually equates to 1-2 hours of overtime per day. WAXIE's territory stretches from downtown San Francisco, Berkeley and Oakland areas, and as far as Sacramento.
This job offers great experience for those looking to eventually progress into management or supervisory type roles.
- Assist Fleet Supervisor with leading and coaching a team of 23 professional (CDL) drivers.
- Ride along with WAXIE drivers and provide coaching and training as well as conduct annual road tests on all drivers (1-2 per month).
- Deliver WAXIE product from Livermore, CA warehouse throughout the local area.
- Unload orders and stock merchandise at customer sites according to customer specifications.
- Inspect merchandise with customer upon delivery and obtain customer signature; on occasion, collect cash or check payments.
- Collect and audit all pre-trip and post-trip inspections (Daily Vehicle Inspection Records).
- Relay and document information regarding customer-specific time windows for deliveries, vehicle restrictions, and other pertinent information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous leadership experience requirred.
- Valid commercial driver’s license (CDL) in the state in which you reside.
- Class A requirred or Class B with willingness to obtain Class A within 6 months of employment.
- HAZMAT and Airbrake endorsementspreferred.
- Clean driving record (MVR).
- Ability to navigate directions and read maps.
- Experience with electric pallet jacks and hand trucks.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to independently lift 50 lbs.
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Meet Some of WAXIE Sanitary Supply's Employees
E-commerce Analyst, Corporate Office
Alex oversees the WAXIE e-commerce website, merchandising popular products and improving search functions to help users find what they’re looking for and ensure each feature functions properly.
Back to top