WAXIE's HR Department is in need of a strong Administrative Assistant who can come in and help keep our team organized. The Administrative Assistant will report to the HR Manager and will be the quintessential "glue" of the office keeping everything on task and on schedule. To be successful in this role you will need to be motivated to consistently improve processes. Sorting, simplifying, improving, and documenting our processes are what this person will be focused on. It is highly administrative so the typical filing, reporting, drafting correspondence and memos, record keeping and tracking, employee communication, employee orientation and other various projects are key. This position will be in charge of our activities committee so there will be some room for creativity.
- Onboarding- Conduct New Hire Orientations as needed, including building tours, ensuring the collection of proper documentation, conducting employee surveys, and ordering 90 day shirts.
- Auditing/Compliance- Assist with ordering required breakroom posters and ensure accuracy of postings, help to coordinate Driver random drug testing, track and coordinate mandatory harassment training. Maintain i-9 compliance.
- Record Keeping & Filing
- File away all misc. documents to Personnel master files
- New Hire Files “red folders”- Audit all incoming documentation from field HR reps for accuracy and completion, create file, and organize in file room.
- Term Files “blue folders”- Turn active files (red) into termination files (blue) for all WAXIE terminations and organize in file room.
- Utilize SharePoint to track additional items such as disciplinary trackers, leaves of absence, workers’ compensation, new hires, etc.
- General Administration
- HR Mail distribution
- HR invoices approvals and handoff to A/P
- New Hire Packets- Keep updated on SharePoint and create/ distribute physical copies of packets to HR Generalists if needed
- InDesign flier/announcement design and distribution
- Originate FedEx/ certified mail upon request
- Department storage organization- supplies, decorations, misc stuff in drawers
- Maintain and update New Hire Orientation Slides
- Coordinate quarterly employee rallies- Order employee recognitions awards before event, assist with selecting a theme and decorations, assist HR Generalist with powerpoint for event, collect years of service data and create certificates
- Money- Maintain corporate credit card receipt reporting, assist with HR vendor invoices and track activities committee funds
- Policies- Assist VP of HR with making updates to policies, redistributing and tracking policy acknowledgments
- Special Projects- Phone lists, WAXIE “Swag” promotional ordering and maintain HR intranet site
- MEMOS- Draft employee new hire, termination, and policy update memos practicing strong attention to detail. Proofread and distribute all Human Resources newsletters and memos.
- The Fun Stuff-
- Make department coffee runs, Costco runs, burrito runs, etc.
- Order plants or fruit baskets for special occasions
- Coordinate monthly “Cake Day”
- Assist with planning holiday party, summer picnic, and the American Cancer Society Making Strides Walk
- Coordinate our semi-annual HR Conference; room set up and break down
- Play an active part and sometimes lead the Activity Committee
- Reporting/ Analytics- Assist HR Manager with WAXIE’s Annual Bonus program, Affirmation Action reporting, quarterly turnover memos, and various other report requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Organized and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to forecast the needs of the department.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and comfort with reporting information.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think systematically and consistently improve and streamline processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & InDesign.
- Previous experience with Microsoft SharePoint (or similar platform) preferred.
- Previous customer facing (internal and/or external) experience required.
WAXIE Sanitary Supply is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer
Meet Some of WAXIE Sanitary Supply's Employees
E-commerce Analyst, Corporate Office
Alex oversees the WAXIE e-commerce website, merchandising popular products and improving search functions to help users find what they’re looking for and ensure each feature functions properly.
Back to top