Wave brings people together through virtual entertainment. Our shows enable artists and audiences to collaborate in the creation of the most interactive live performance experiences in the world. Waves are live, interactive and immersive shows that are unlike any virtual concert you have ever experienced. We combine the best of live music, gaming and broadcast technology to transform the live music experience. Waves are live streamed globally on wave.watch and across popular social and gaming platforms including YouTube, Twitter, Twitch, TikTok, Facebook and Roblox.
Come help us define the future of music! Together we'll create amazing experiences for the attendees, and drive creativity for concerts. You’ll be at the forefront, working to bring interactive concerts at scale. Software Engineers at Wave, bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and to deliver the future of music to millions. You will report into the engineering manager.
Please note, this is a direct hire, full time opportunity. We are not interested in C2C workers at this time nor are we working with third party recruiting agencies. Thank you for your understanding.
- Work with other engineers on the Platform team to develop server technologies
- Lead architecture requirements, design, and implementation
- Perform code reviews
- Identify and provide solutions for performance and architectural issues
- Provide mentorship to junior engineers
- 5+ years experience working on server applications
- Strong C# knowledge
- Excellent linux systems skills
- Experience with profiling and addressing performance and scale problems
- SQL and NoSQL database experience
- Experience with Queueing systems such as RabbitMQ or SQS
- Strong communication skills
- AWS experience
- Strong node.js knowledge
- Testing framework experience
- CPU and resource optimization experience
- Experience supporting a live product
- Web development
- Music Lover
- Passion for live events
Salary Range: $110,000 - $160,000**
**Salaries at Wave are based on a few factors including a candidate's location (to account for any cost of living differences), their experience level and their performance during the interview process. On top of a cash salary we also include company equity in the form of stock options with every full time offer as well as other benefits (insurance, 401k, unlimited PTO, laptop/desktop and other IT equipment as needed, subsidized monthly home internet, etc). Salary ranges at Wave are determined based on the job requirements, experience level and market data attained from compensation surveys.