TA Instruments is seeking a dynamic, ambitious experienced commercial professional for the EMEA Inside Sales Specialist located in EMEA. The Inside Sales Specialist is responsible for working directly with our prospective customer base which include scientists, engineers, and laboratory managers by helping identify what TA Instruments' products will help achieve their goals.
The desired candidate is an energetic, autonomous self-starter with a scientific degree who will develop and implement a regional business plan while collaborating with their appropriate field sales representatives, Applications Support Specialists, Product Management and marketing colleagues to deliver an aggressive call cycle and business development activities.
The foundation of the Inside Sales Specialist's role is to develop a keen understanding of the customers' needs and challenges and designing solutions with lasting and meaningful business impact. This s a great opportunity for someone with experience in Sales to take on a broader range of responsibility including identifying viable customer personas, using that information to develop Thermal analysis and qualify leads, and manage the full sales cycle through to close where the role of field individuals is not required.
Meet or exceed the defined territory sales plan; forecast sales performance accurately
- Develop and implement the territory sales plan to grow business within the territory assigned by your Sales Manager
- Make daily outbound telephone calls and communicate via email to all organizational levels and functional areas in accounts where purchasing decisions are made
- Capitalize on training opportunities to develop in depth knowledge of our Thermal analysis solutions beneficial to proactively uncover new opportunities within assigned accounts to generate ambitious revenue growth
- Take ownership of consumables quotes across the area
- Develop organizational skills to work within cross functional teams to achieve organizational objectives, lead sales territory activities and communicate efforts clearly within the organization
- Understand the competitive landscape within accounts to position like or better product offerings to customers.
- Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer directions to the organization.
- Apply data sources to analyse and develop sales opportunities prioritizing them from the greatest return on investment.
- Support marketing programs and actively participate in sales challenges assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely, accurate and complete manner while improving efficiency during key selling time.
- Committed and eager to achieve results with a growing attitude (commercial driven)
- Committed to ensure the best customer experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good listener
- Excellent organization and time management skills, and individual sense of accountability
- Deadline and detail oriented as a self-starter, able to deliver while working independently and remotely but still maintaining close connections and team collaborations
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills (mainly remotely - by phone, online and e-mail) to multi-task and meet deadlines according to the business needs
- Positive and constructive attitude, and strong sense of commitment
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a constantly evolving business environment
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% for occasional customer visits as well as internal meetings/trainings accordingly
- Excellent communication skills in English & German required.
- Additional European language skills (namely French, Dutch, Italian or Spanish) can be an advantage
Candidate must be customer-focused and have exceptional written, verbal, communication, and organisational skills.
Can work independently and as a team across various regions and departments.
Experience working in a laboratory setting or with customers is strongly desired.
Basic understanding of thermal analysis or rheology is desired.
Based in Germany.
We are proud to be a "Best Place to Work" for equality as awarded by the European Human Rights Campaign Foundation and at Wilmslow we work with a number of partners including Stonewall, STEM Women and STEM Returners in ensuring we are an open and inclusive workplace where people can bring their whole selves to work - this is really important to us! When you join Waters you can contribute to this mission by joining our European EDI Hub.
Diversity and inclusion are fundamental to our core values at Waters Corporation. It is our responsibility to actively implement programs and practices to drive inclusive behavior and increase diversity across the organization. We are united by diversity and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, our customers and our community. Waters is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
In the midst of a materials revolution innovation is moving forward at an unprecedented speed. Over the next decade the rapid advancement in materials will have a massive impact.
TA Instruments and Waters are working together to aid this advancement. Supporting a wide array of markets and measurements to meet the most demanding applications.
Our instrumentation unparalleled in performance, precision and versatility can help you move forward fast to become a key player in the development of these new materials.
No matter the market, no matter the material, no matter the application TA Instruments and Waters will be there creating tomorrow with the tools of today.