ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess a can-do attitude with a strong customer service orientation, must be a team player and a self-starter who has excellent skills in building relationships and communicating effectively.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an overall strategy for each project.
- Responsible for regular and positive interaction with building tenants through regular tenant visits in accordance with the company tenant retention programs.
- Manage property’s cash flow relative to income and expenses including budget preparation and implementation, monthly forecasting and analyzing budget variances.
- Provide budgeting and management of all aspects of property projects and scheduling which include tenant construction, repair and maintenance projects, and capital enhancement projects.
- Closely monitor property accounts receivables and facilitate any necessary legal actions.
- Administer, interpret and enforce lease provisions.
- Manage property and engineering staff and oversee performance of building systems to ensure tenant comfort and economical operations.
- Participate and assist in the leasing process from the LOI stage through tenant occupancy. To include preparation of all vacant space in secured, marketable condition at all times, participate in leasing tours, and oversee tenant construction, move-in, and tenant welcome activities.
- Perform property inspections and ensure compliance with building contracts, systems and services.
- Manage all purchasing and obtain expenditure approvals as necessary. Process and approve vendor invoices as needed in connection with the building services, systems and contracts.
- Oversee the management of garage operations in accordance with the Management Agreement or lease terms.
- Review, update and implement a complete emergency plan for the buildings, as well as, for the property staff.
- Continually negotiate and challenge all service contracts for the properties to ensure that Washington REIT is receiving the best possible customer service at the most competitive market price and ensure quality control for all services used.
- Review and approve all invoices to see that they are correct, service or product was received and satisfactory. Administer prompt payment to vendors or contractors for products or services rendered. Research all problem invoices and provide an expeditious solution. Research all utility invoices and spread sheets for problems, trends and accuracy.
- Identify, evaluate and implement capital and operating projects for the properties as they are planned. Solicit specifications and proposals for minor and major improvements based on the budget schedule. Recommend and implement improvements to increase value by reducing expenses and/or increasing income.
- Perform annual building evaluations for each building and work with the building engineers, staff and the Director of Property Management to review problems and opportunities that could improve the property’s value operation and customer service. Each building evaluation will be set on a schedule for completion and periodic review.
- Conduct housekeeping, safety and security inspections on a monthly basis to ensure the properties and buildings are well lit at night, clean, and safe for the tenants and general public. As needed, fill out incident reports and insurance claim reports to be filed with the corporate office and submitted to the insurance carriers. Follow up on claims to see that money is collected on claims exceeding the deductible.
- Enforce all lease requirements, ensure billings are correct and sent out on a timely basis. Also, the Property Manager must ensure that meter-reading income is collected each month.
- BS/BA degree preferred plus five years progressive experience in commercial real estate management
- CPM and/or RPA designation preferred
- Ability to multi-task while meeting multiple deadlines and adhering to changing priorities
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel and possess strong analytical skills
- Experience with JD Edwards, Salesforce and Building Engines is a plus
- Effective team leadership abilities
- Must demonstrate professionalism with the ability to react objectively
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a highly visible position
- Strong knowledge of building mechanical systems and construction management required
- Ability to prepare detailed financial analysis required
- Strong analytical skills and effective problem solving skills
Washington REIT is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer. AA/EEO/MF/Veterans/Disabled
Back to top