Project Management Coordinator
This position will directly support a Project Management team, and is a key member of that services group. This support includes monitoring key project dates and milestones; proactively assisting the Project Managers in meeting schedule; and assisting in maintaining the job cost file.
Essential Job Duties
Project Management Support
- Develop an in-depth working knowledge of the assigned properties.
- Serve as an information resource to external partners, building engineers, tenants, property managers and others.
- Coordinate with external architects in support of the efforts of leasing & asset management.
- Support the Project Managers in maintaining submittal and change order logs.
- Prepare legal and formal notices, including but not limited to late notices, change in term notices, and notices of violation of community rules and regulations, in accordance state law and company standards.
- Support the project management team by coordinating requests for test fits, annotated plans, construction documents, permits and other project documentation.
- Attend meetings as requested by the project managers to document the meeting.
- Support the Project Managers in running accounting reports and preparing project variances.
- Assist in issuing RFP’s for projects, coordinating responses to RFI’s with responsible architect or engineer and completing a bid review to verify scope with bidders.
- Assist the Project Managers in summarizing all bids on a spreadsheet comparing them to the original cost out estimates.
- Maintain the accounting status of all Work Orders consistent with accounting policy and project status.
- Assist as needed in compiling the permit submission documents with external partners such as Architects, Expeditors and Contractors.
- Provide team/departmental reports to the DPJM for measuring team’s performance and KPIs
- Provide reports to the DPJM that show project workload monthly, annually and year over year. Reports to show by project manager, and team totals.
- Prepare the monthly allocations report for based on the active work within the portfolio.
- Ensure electronic project files are maintained during the project and later distributed to the appropriate internal parties.
- Process and submit invoices for approval to the appropriate party.
- Generate and issue invoices to Tenants for billable project work.
- Develop contracts for projects with architects, contractors or other consultants as needed.
- Ensure all approvals and backup are filed according to the procedure documents and maintain the electronica project files.
- Maintain library of Project Management procedure documents.
- Prepare the quarterly accruals report for the accounting team based on outstanding invoices and project status.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience supporting a project management related team.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Knowledge of Nexus, JD Edwards software preferred.
- Experience with Hightower and Propidex system a plus.
- Must possess exemplary communication skills, including tactful and diplomatic verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and track multiple projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to prioritize between different tasks and maintain an awareness of on-going projects.
- Possess strong customer service skills.
- Ability to be a self-starter and have experience working in a self-directed work environment.
- Must have a desire to learn more about the industry in order to best support the project management team.
- Understanding of basic industry terminology: RFP’s, RFI’s, Submittals, Test Fits, Annotated Pricing Plans, Construction Documents, as-built drawings, CAD, LOD a plus.
Meet Some of Washington REIT's Employees
As an Investment and Asset Management Analyst, Alex focuses primarily on the financial analysis of commercial real estate in the Washington, DC MSA.
Back to top