The Operations Engineer is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned building(s) and maintenance of various building systems and equipment.
Essential Job Functions
Respond promptly to tenant service and work orders.
Establish and maintain positive relations with tenants.
Troubleshoot building systems.
Responsible for contributing to and overseeing the completion of day-to-day tasks such as: replacing bulbs and ballast, minor plumbing repairs, performing preventive maintenance of equipment, repairing equipment, conducting building inspections and rounds, and completing log sheets.
Communicate regularly with Lead/Chief/Sr Chief Engineer on the status and activity of the mechanical operations of all buildings and promptly report any potential or existing problems.
Responsible for the day-to-day completion of loss control records (or the like) and other records for assigned building(s).
Regularly inspect all areas of assigned building(s) and submit reports regarding deficiencies as well as suggestions for improvements to Property Managers.
Assist in technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified staff.
Responsible for other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Has good knowledge of experience in operating various HVAC systems, including central plant, VAV, heat pump, and induction systems.
- Has knowledge of building systems, which include HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, and fire protection.
- Ability to speak English clearly as well as able to read and write English.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools.
- Knowledge of necessary tools, equipment, and materials needed to perform work assignments.
- Ability to promote and contribute toward maintaining a high standard in the operation and appearance of assigned building(s).
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and complete them in a timely manner.
Meet Some of Washington REIT's Employees
Vice President, Asset Management
As VP of Asset Management, Anthony oversees the office portfolio in Virginia and Washington, DC, and he adds value through that portfolio.
Back to top