Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for application-oriented database administration and technical support for various systems. Focus on application-specific database issues and tuning to ensure optimal application performance and integrity.
- Develops data solutions by modeling database physical structure and providing capabilities to meet analytical reporting requirements.
- Facilitate application development and client problem resolution with optimum speed and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain custom applications that facilitate data management and integration addressing a specific business need.
Interact with analysts and developers, understanding system requirements from conceptual models, analyzing transactions and data volumes and designing the physical database. Develop rules, procedures, and standards for the access and maintenance of shared data resources.
- Partner with customers to capture and analyze business needs and strategic information requirements; define optimum systems requirement to address.
- Responsible for system integration and replication and perform reload/refresh as needed.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of DBA tools and new DBMS technologies.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of application development technologies.
- Participate in the evaluation and recommendation of BI tools for information analysis.
- Design data analysis application allowing users to consume information via data discovery.
- Serve as business liaison to database vendors.
- Responsible for end user and IT personnel training.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating database related documentation.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years of overall progressive experience in designing, modeling, developing, and supporting RDBMS with a focus on Business Objects data modeling and Business Objects Data Integrator.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline.
- Microsoft SQL Server, Business Objects Enterprise XI R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Certification preferred.
- PC proficiency to include (but not limited to) Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.), Microsoft Project and Visio.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, SQL Server RDBMS,SSRS, and .Net programming.
- Experience with Oracle/JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Microsoft SharePoint, SAP Business Objects, Argus DCF/Argus Enterprise preferred.
- Experience in the design and management of data extract and migration tools.
- Experience deploying Business Objects Universes in a data warehouse environment.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in the commercial, retail, industrial and/or multi family real estate industry preferred.
Back to top