Building Engineer 3
- Demonstrate very good customer (tenant) service skills
- Demonstrates team work which is a key to WASHREIT’s success.
- Perform preventive maintenance of equipment
- Perform repairs of equipment.
- Perform cleaning as needed, and direct cleaning staff as required.
- Perform snow removal as needed.
- Perform building inspections, round and log sheets.
- Good knowledge of building systems include HVAC, electrical, lighting, plumbing, energy management, and fire protection.
- Ability to respond promptly to tenant service and work orders
- Establish and maintain positive relations with tenants
- Assist Chief Engineer and Maintenance Technicians in troubleshooting of building systems.
- Promote and contribute toward overall effort in maintaining a high standard in the operation and appearance of the building(s) and grounds as well as tenant relations through daily work practices.
- Receive and/or generate own work assignments, plan work to be performed and obtain necessary tools, equipment and materials. Complete work/assignments and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools. Responsible for the care of assigned equipment, tools and uniforms.
- Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified staff, as assigned.
- ON CALL – Respond to after-hours emergencies such as fire, flooding, severe weather (including snow and ice removal), power outage, and other situations including clean-up or other related activities as required from time to time.
- Remain flexible and available to man various shifts and to occasionally work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays to ensure adequate building coverage and perform necessary repairs.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks as well as push and pull objects and grasp with hands.
- Regularly required to talk and hear and occasionally required to smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance, climb stairs and ladders, work at heights and in environments with temperature ranges both while working outside and inside. Example: snow removal using hand shovels
- Occasionally required to work around vibration or noise as well as dust.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision color vision and depth perception, or have vision correctable to this level.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, or a small vehicle such as a gator/tractor on property
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal and External Contacts:
- The Building Engineer regularly interfaces with tenant contacts, various WASHREIT staff, vendors, and construction contractors.
- High School Diploma or equivalent educational certification preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience as a building engineer or in a similiar field required.
- Has an aptitude for mechanical systems.
- Knowledge and experience in operating various HVAC systems, including central plant, VAV, heat pump, and induction systems preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal effectively with multiple, simultaneous deadlines and projects.
- Good interpersonal skills. Can speak English clearly, and understand English.
- Good technical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently as well as a productive member of a team.
- Ability to organize, coordinates work efficiently, set priorities and optimize the performance of others.
- Project a positive demeanor at all times.
- Basic computer skills
- Possess knowledge of safe and efficient operation of all equipment, power and hand tools.
Back to top