Analyst - Multifamily
Washington Real Estate Investment Trust is currently seeking talented candidates to join the firm as a multifamily analyst. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure and work in a fast-paced corporate environment. This analyst will be responsible for executing our revenue and pricing strategy through the use of revenue management software. Working closely with our management teams, this position will be involved in all aspects of residential asset/portfolio management. General real estate market knowledge will be developed through a variety of sources in addition to exposure to all aspects of the business. The Multifamily Analyst will thrive in an environment consisting of formal and informal training and will demonstrate the ability and willingness to learn and develop their skills. Other benefits include exposure to underwriting and development within the multifamily portfolio.
Essential Job Duties
- Maximize revenue by developing and monitoring pricing strategy.
- Research pricing decisions produced by pricing management software and property management team.
- Maintain pricing management software and relationship with software provider.
- Present revenue management concepts to property management teams by conducting training classes and answering questions from staff to ensure consistent and efficient application of pricing strategy.
- Conduct market research and benchmarking for portfolio
- Identify opportunities for growth to ensure above-average revenue growth in the marketplace.
- Provide ad hoc analysis on portfolio revenue and expense performance
- Contribute to the firm's due diligence efforts on potential investments
- Assist in development of annual budget for portfolio on a property-by-property basis, including revenue assumptions and expense analysis
- Assist in completion of monthly forecast for portfolio on a property-by-property basis
- Contribute immediately under the guidance of senior management and other members of the team
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BS preferably in Finance, Economics, and/or Real Estate, minimum 3.5 GPA
- 1-3 years' related experience
- Experience in multi-family management required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of YieldStar & revenue management preferred
- Ability to excel in both a team setting and on individual assignments
- Strong verbal, written skills with attention to detail
- Must demonstrate professionalism with the ability to react objectively
- Must be responsive and meet deadlines
- Passion for real estate
Meet Some of Washington REIT's Employees
Vice President, Asset Management
As VP of Asset Management, Anthony oversees the office portfolio in Virginia and Washington, DC, and he adds value through that portfolio.
Back to top