Full Stack Software Engineer
Warby Parker is on the lookout for Full Stack Software Engineers to join our 50+ person, on-site Engineering team and help build the next great lifestyle brand. So, if you’re thirsty for knowledge and looking to work on a small, collaborative team, then you’ve come to the right place. Sound good? Take a peek below (and check out our blog The Oculists)!
What you'll do:
- Build and improve software systems for a fast-growing, disruptive e-commerce company
- Collaborate in one of our agile teams, learning anything necessary to deliver exceptional technology
- Participate in code reviews and help maintain high standards of code quality
- Deliver limited-defect products through ubiquitous test automation
Who you are:
- An engineering whiz with at least 3 years of professional programming experience
- An admirer of beautiful code (and you have the desire to work on small, collaborative teams with people who share the same love)
- A quick learner and problem solver
- Equipped with impressive programming and web application development skills
- An aptitude and inclination for learning new domains quickly
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
- A curious type with an insatiable hunger for knowledge and skill sharing
- Experience working in Python
- Experience in eCommerce
- Contribution to Open Source projects
- DevOps practices and principle
- Data Modeling/SQL
- Experience working with or for nonprofits
About Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand offering designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially-conscious businesses. By cutting out the middlemen and engaging directly with consumers, we're able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including shipping. There's a bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of the company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Since all work and no play makes a dull office, we're thoroughly committed to infusing our days with surprises, brain stimulating activities, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, and all sorts of other goodness.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings
See Inside the Office of Warby Parker
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. Founded in 2010 and named after two characters in an early Jack Kerouac journal, Warby Parker believes in creative thinking, smart design, and doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses sold, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Back to top