(USA) Staff Software Engineer - Front End
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
Join the Walmart Global Tech Ad Experiences web front-end team and reach millions of people globally. Walmart has a unique real-world connection to millions of people around the world, guided by a mission to help people live better by saving money.
The Ad Experiences team lives on the front line of e-commerce digital monetization innovation. This collaborative team, made up of engineering, UX, product management, along with web and technology evangelists, is rapidly iterating new and innovative Ad products at scale. We deliver high performing solutions on our next gen front-end platform. Continuous innovation and immediate feedback by billions of customers make this work incredibly exciting! Strategically, this role will support, enhance, and future-proof our advertising technology platform and help identify optimization opportunities that can improve our advertising delivery process, reduce latency, and increase monetization.
• 5+ years of Front-End engineering experience with Web-based frameworks and languages including React.JS, Angular, Next.JS, GraphQL and Typescript
• Closely track Ad industry trends and best practices, including IAB recommendations, standards and proposed specifications
• Experience with Advertising ecosystem providers such as Media Trust, MOAT, IAS, DoubleVerify, self serve ad tech platforms (Facebook, Adwords, GAM etc) is a plus
• Fundamental Web development skills (Core understanding of the web, services and how things integrate). Cookies, headers, server to server communication understanding is critical
• Passionate towards web performance optimization. Can understand underlying fundamentals that make the page speed up
• Experience working in a low tolerant technical service environment preferably supporting mobile or web-based products is a plus
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
• Ability to absorb complex technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
• Experience writing and integrating API's and GraphQL views. Both in creating and integrating with, ideally in both Java/NodeJS. We are looking for a strong FE engineer that can do some BE work, more than the other way around
• Experience working on Browser performance and optimization. How browser/dom is parsed and rendered
• BS or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field or equivalent practical experience
• Development and Maintenance of Tools for enhanced Ad trafficking, automation, and creative previews
• Develop, Debug next level Ad Products that serve on any of our platforms, on- and off property, online and in-store
• Identify challenges and opportunities on behalf of internal and external parties, and then simply/execute the solution
• Translate business objectives into technical execution for engineers/developers (e.g. config setup, APIs, etc.)
• Review implementations (code review, QA, etc.) and provide in-depth technical guidance for any fixes
• Be the subject matter expert in ad tech - SSPs, DMPs, DSPs, marketing clouds, ad verification, ad servers, measurement, or all of the above
• Establish workflows across teams and designate roles/responsibilities
• Collaborate with and execute major cross-platform executions as a team, or independently when needed
• Document knowledge and processes
• Utilize strong interpersonal skills in working with numerous internal teams and expand personal and team knowledge of new and upcoming products
• Contribute in all phases of the development life cycle and write well-designed, testable, efficient code
• Ensure designs follow specifications, prepare and produce releases of
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks -
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer -
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Back to top