(USA) Manager, Product Planning and Strategy - WEC
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
Conducts analysis of key competitor, technology, and customer trends by collecting and summarizing data and implications; incorporating research
findings into actionable recommendations; and providing updates of relevant findings and insights to Product Management team.
Provides analytic support to evaluate new and emerging product opportunities by building business models; conducting research; performing
analysis; and making recommendations to department leadership regarding attractiveness, feasibility, and strategic fit of new product opportunities.
Supports delivery of strategic projects by conducting discrete analysis; developing recommendations; and preparing written communications.
Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders;
supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for
and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting
Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by
implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing
business processes and practices.
About the team:
Walmart Global Tech (GT) is responsible for driving the Technology vision for Walmart around the world which the GT Strategy & Operations team codifies among senior leaders and advances around the company. As part of the GT Strategy & Operations team, this role will assist and drive analysis of strategic projects by developing and communicating business strategies. The Senior Manager , reporting to the Strategy Associate Director, will work on one or more projects at a time, typically partnering with Business Units and senior leadership teams.
Strategic Communications: The Manager, Strategy will play an integral role in helping the Global Tech leadership team develop and communicate strategic priorities for the company to executive leadership. He / she will assist the Associate Director on a broad range of projects that are both forward looking as well as answer key business model questions for the company.
Data Analysis / Continuous Improvement: Projects require the individual to be solutions oriented and able to quickly drive root cause analysis to deliver on qualitative and data driven analysis within easily understandable frameworks. Through varied project management, they will connect dots to identify leverage points across tech and drive standardization through process creation / efficiencies. The role will require occasional deep dive into competitive Technology landscape and understanding trends that influence the company.
Stakeholder Engagement: This role will require a high degree of collaboration with several cross-functional teams. The Senior Manager will work closely with leaders on technology, product and corporate teams. Candidate should be comfortable functioning in ambiguity and quickly raise insightful questions to drive alignment.
The ideal candidate must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position:
- Capable of making sound business recommendations based on research-driven analytics, leveraging both internal and external data and research
- Use relevant business metrics, analyses, and reports to answer questions or propose changes
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop business models, opportunities and strategy recommendations to support Strategy head on executive level presentations. Partner with various teams in the organization to collect, develop, analyze and communicate data and analyses
- Collaborate to develop materials that help communicate the GT Strategy to the management team and Walmart Board of Directors
- Be customer centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
- Understand and be able to communicate key global Technology trends
- Must know how to do research and mine data, perform complex analysis and apply strategic thinking to support executive level discussions and presentations. Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics and data analytic programs and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Have great attention to detail, exceptional follow through, and be administratively strong in process and project management
- Focused on continuous improvement
- Be a great team player and collaborator
Manager's Ideal Candidate Must-Haves :
• Consultant / Associate at a top tier management consulting firm (experience in eCommerce or retail strategy preferred)
• BS required; MBA preferred
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
• Strong analytical and deductive reasoning skills
• Expert in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships.
• Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner.
• Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources.
• Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
• Ability to model Walmart's four core values:
• Respect for the individual
• Service to our customers
• Strive for excellence
• The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
• Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
• 1 years of post-MBA experience in a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank or ~7 years of relevant experience
• eCommerce, retail and technology experience preferred
Preferred educational level:
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Back to top