(USA) Associate, .Com Acquisition - 1
- New York, NY
What you'll do...
Bonobos is seeking a creative and passionate Assistant Designer to help take Bonobos Tailored Clothing, Outerwear and Shirts to the next level.
Founded on a better-fitting pair of pants and the friendliest and funniest customer service around, Bonobos is one of the fastest growing men's online apparel companies ever. As our Assistant Designer, you'll be working with all facets of design development for Tailored Clothing, Outerwear, and Shirts categories alongside the fun and highly talented Design team. In the role, you'll be diving into the design process head first, pulling together concept, color and fabrics. You'll be sketching, creating Illustrator flats, researching trends, collaborating with our tech team during fittings and communicating daily with our Production and Merchandising teams to keep things running smoothly.
Reporting directly to our Senior Designer, you will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty in every step of the design process. You will play an instrumental role in preparing seasonal color palettes, updating product decks, requesting fabric and trim development, creating and maintaining tech packs, attending fittings, while keeping virtual and real fabric boards up-to-date and more. We have an all-hands-on-deck mentality where the sharing of ideas is encouraged. Are you ready to jump in?
What you'll do...
• Support our Design team with all steps of the design development.
• Assist in creating seasonal designs by sketching, editing flats and creating tech packs. • Help create design boards and maintain seasonal product decks to be shared with our cross functional team.
• Work meticulously in our BeProduct PLM software to maintain up-to-date product information.
• Keep highly organized line lists and make all relevant updates.
• Collaborate cross functionally with Tech Design, Production, Merchandising teams and external vendors.
• Create detailed technical packages using Illustrator, Excel and PLM tools. • Attend fit sessions and make detailed fit comments and revisions.
• Review lab dips, strike offs and sample submits and make accurate comments. • Approach each day with a passion to learn and grow, asking plenty of questions and prioritizing great communication.
• Work amongst fun, passionate and inspiring people in a fast-paced environment.
• Have a Bachelor's degree in Fashion, Design or a related field
• Have 1-2 years of experience in the design industry and a strong passion for menswear • Have a good understanding of how the design process works
• Have a top notch sense of style, color and print, and are excited to bring new ideas to the Design team
• Have a fundamental understanding of garment construction
• Possess strong Illustrator sketching skills and can create detailed tech packages • Are proficient in Photoshop, Word, and Excel and have some experience using PLM
• Are organized and detail-oriented with great communication skills
• Are great at prioritizing your workload and meeting deadlines, even when things get crazy
• Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
• Work hard because we love what we're doing, but also believe in balance
• Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun and awesome coworkers
• Care deeply about the high quality of design and product we associate our label with • Are excited to hear from you
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...45 W. 25TH STREET FLOOR 5, NEW YORK, NY 10010-2003, United States of America
Back to top