Technician I, HVAC/R Facilities Maintenance
- New Orleans, LA
What you'll do...
- Assists HVAC-RTechnician III by gathering capital expenditures lists; developing scopes of work to update heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) or energy management systems (for example, rooftop unit (RTU), condenser coil replacements); and identifying other issues related to regular service.
- Completes work assignments and priorities in heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) Service by using policies, data, and resources; collaborating with Managers, co-workers, customers, and other business partners; identifying priorities, deadlines, and expectations; carrying out tasks; communicating progress and information; determining and recommending ways to address improvement opportunities; and adapting to and learning from change, difficulties, and feedback.
- Complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations and guidelines by performing work according to practices and procedures outlined in the Walmart heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) safety policy and environmental guidelines.
- Controls company costs by conducting price comparisons of refrigerant, parts, and travel related costs; and submitting warranty claims.
- Provides required paperwork by completing forms (for example, expense vouchers, weekly summaries, refrigerant logs, work orders); and submitting to senior leadership.
- Performs major and minor preventive maintenance and repairs on heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVAC/R) and Emergency management Systems (EMS), and direct digital control (DDC) equipment by replacing electrical motor or contactors; changing and adjusting belts; and installing compressors.
- Ensures service and operation of company property by inspecting equipment (for example, tools, vehicles); troubleshooting and diagnosing problems; performing minor repairs; and scheduling major repairs and maintenance.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Vocational or Technical Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) certification and 6 months experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls OR 2 years experience in mechanical maintenance or construction-related field for commercial HVAC/R and building controls or related field. Type I/Type II Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Certification for Refrigerant handling.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Back to top