Technical Designer I, Children's Apparel
- Rogers, AR
What you'll do...
- Ensures timely sample and comment turn-around times, and adherence to deadlines ; and escalating issues regarding timing, quality, and supplier performance to technical design team as needed.
- Manages creation of style intent for designated category products by collaborating with cross-functional teams to translate style concepts into specification packages and guide production standards; creating sketches, style details, construction, and measurements; providing guidance to business partners on design intent, fit, and construction standards to support product safety, compliance , and value pricing; and attending milestone meetings to communicate style changes to suppliers and cross-functional stakeholders .
- Evaluates in-store production quality by performing in-store product reviews; determining whether products meet approved specifications and quality standards ; developing and distributing reports of findings to management and cross-functional partners .
- Processes fit iterations to determine if samples meet company needs and production-ready standards by preparing samples; conducting fit sessions with business partners to gain alignment on aesthetic direction and achieve proper fit; communicating fit comments to the supply chain via multiple media to prepare garments for approval.
- Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning.
- Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
- Flex PLM
- 3D Apparel Software ie.3D Browzwear
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business, Textiles , Design, or related field and 1 years' experience in technical design, product development, or related area OR 3 years' experience in technical design, product development, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Apparel Manufacturing, Product Development
Masters, Masters: Design
Back to top