Staff Software Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
What you'll do...
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
About the team:
Walmart's Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at an unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This position is part of the Sponsored Products team in the Advertising Technology organization. Walmart is investing in building a world-class advertising platform and the Sponsored Products team is responsible for building performance advertising products that drive discovery, sales and profit. The team operates an end to end advertising platform that includes the ad server that serves hundreds of millions of impressions each day, sophisticated ad matching algorithms, real-time measurement, self-service buying interface for end to end campaign management etc.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
- 7+ years' experience in internet-scale distributed technologies (e.g. Solr, Kafka, Mem Cache, etc.)
- Relevant experience with relational and no-sql databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc.)
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures.
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, etc)
- Strong inclination towards exploring and learning new technologies.
- Understanding of machine learning.
You'll make an impact by:
- Develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Gain exposure to various technologies used in Advertising and E-commerce platforms.
- Work with the data scientists and product managers to carry out various experiments across different areas of the AdTech platforms to improve customer experience and ad relevance.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering
Back to top