What you'll do...
Walmart's Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. We are a highly motivated group of engineers and data scientists, working in an agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We serve billions of ad requests every month with our high-performance ad servers. We build smart data systems that ingest, model, analyze and optimize the massive flow of data from online and store user activity and transactions. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms on this data. Above all, we are laser focused on delivering experiences that our customers and advertisers love.
Software Engineer III - Backend/Data
We are a highly motivated group of Big Data Geeks, Data Scientists and Applications Engineers, working in small agile groups to solve sophisticated and high-impact problems. We are building smart data systems that process terabytes of data per day, and generate insights using statistics, machine learning and probabilistic algorithms from online and offline user activity. We use Scala, Spark, GCP for data processing systems, and Play/Scala framework for services.
- MS degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related fields
- 2+ years of experience in software development, focusing on distributed systems
- A self-starter who enjoys reading well-written code, and writes code that others enjoy reading
- Good command of design patterns, data structures and algorithms
- Good coding skills in Scala, Java, Python or similar
- Knowledge of software design, distributed systems
- Willingness and ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly
- Can navigate complex systems and deliver highly scalable and reliable production-ready code
- Extracts data from cloud-based systems, creates data pipelines and transform data to a structure that is relevant by selecting appropriate techniques.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with big data technology (Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Presto etc.) and large-scale analytics systems that are capable of ingesting, managing, storing and analyzing hundreds of terabytes of data
- Excellent data analytics skills and ability to explore and identify data issues
- Familiarity with CI/CD processes and tools such as Jenkins and Maven
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform technologies, especially BigQuery, GCS and DataProc
- Familiarity with workflow management systems like airflow or oozie
- Some exposure to machine learning and data science
- Experience in AdTech and advertising measurement
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Masters: Computer Science
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America