Senior Software Engineer - Technology
- Rogers, AR
What you'll do...
The Test Enablement team is an operational engineering development team for Point-of-Sale's (POS) legacy and next-generation Cloud Powered Checkout (CPC) services. Our objectives are to increase quality of all products and maintain the test environments across the Legacy POS and CPC space, design and develop tools to assist product teams in maintaining a fully automated DEVOPS pipeline, evolve and maintain the automation and performance testing frameworks to increase velocity to production, and assist legacy POS and CPC development teams with test data, media and any other environmental needs.
Test Enablement Engineers have the following expectations/roles:
- Manage hardware and software configurations of all POS test environments.
- Manage test media and data needs for all product team's testing.
- Develop and maintain the DEVOPS automation testing strategy for the POS area
- Develop and maintain the DEVOPS performance testing strategy for the POS area
- Implement coding changes within a wide variety of services using a diverse technology stack, including Java, Spring Framework, Node.JS, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL/NoSQL databases, etc.
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise with newer technology paradigms such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservice Architecture (MSA), multitenant architecture, etc.
- Evaluation and integration of testing tools for the DEVOPS pipeline
- Collaborate with and assist legacy POS & CPC development teams with test environment issues and defect resolution
- Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science
- 5+ years' experience with Java SE/EE programming language
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ years' experience with Jenkins or Looper or Concord
- 1+ years' experience with Java Spring Framework
- 1+ years' experience with cloud-based technology and deployments (OneOps, Azure, etc.)
- 1+ years' experience with container-based deployments; Docker and Kubernetes
- 1+ years' experience with database management and support (Maria, Cassandra, Mongo, etc.)
- 2+ years' experience in quality engineering designing and implementing automation or performance testing
- 2+ years' experience troubleshooting network infrastructure problems.
About POS Test Enablement
As a member of the of the Engineering group, you'll be responsible for evaluating large amounts of data as part of the ongoing effort to optimize processes and delivery protocols. You'll operate as a trusted advisor as it relates to efficiencies and best practices. As a senior member of the team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to the development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
- Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Leads the work of other small groups of four to six engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by proving pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short and long term solutions and timeline; reviewing and providing feedback for proposed solutions; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Provides support to the business by responding to user's questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility, implementation strategies); identifying short- and long-term solutions; facilitating resolutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, project management, business and user experience teams; and obtaining cross-function approvals. Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales. Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities. Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Building system requirements, Information Technology, Project Management, Troubleshooting
Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification
Back to top