Senior Software Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
The Walmart Emerging-Tech group is a new group charted to drive the creation of the next generation retail and shopping experiences for both online and in-store. The group leads Walmart's efforts in the areas of Conversational AI, Voice Assistants, Extended Reality and more.
As the Walmart Conversational AI team we are building completely new capabilities to allow our customers to shop by seamlessly interacting with their connected devices using spoken language. This team as part of the Emerging Technologies group builds new multimodal experiences both in-house and in collaboration with strategic partners. We have launched experiences like AskSam for associates and Walmart Voice Order for customers (https://medium.com/walmartglobaltech/building-a-conversational-assistant-platform-for-voice-enabled-shopping-6d174cdc4131). In addition to the end-user experiences the group also builds platform APIs and tools to enable other teams within Walmart to build and scale experiences using these next-generation technologies.
As part of this Conversational AI platform team, we are looking for a full stack Senior Software engineer for building the web tool to configure different applications and their interactions with the platform.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or Bachelors degree in CS or related field + 2 years relevant experience
- Object-oriented programming experience in Java or Scala.
- Experience in building REST or GraphQL endpoints
- Experience building reusable components in REACT
- Experience with design patterns including promises; application flow control; event, error, and AJAX handling; and Redux
- Experience building applications in Node Framework.
- Experience with server-side rendering implementation
- Experience in building of large scale data pipelines using big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Presto/Airflow).
- Strong computer science fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Strong grasp of scripting languages (e.g. Python), and SQL.
- A continuous drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate and optimize systems and tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Large scale distributed systems experience, including scalability and fault tolerance.
- Exposure to infrastructure management tech (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Prior experience with large scale web applications
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure, such as Open Stack, Azure, GCP, or AWS
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Back to top