What you'll do...
Walmart's Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. We are a highly motivated group of engineers and data scientists, working in an agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We serve billions of ad requests every month with our high-performance ad servers. We build smart data systems that ingest, model, analyze and optimize the massive flow of data from online and store user activity and transactions. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms on this data. Above all, we are laser focused on delivering experiences that our customers and advertisers love.
Senior Software Engineer - Backend & Services
In this role, you will:
- • Develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Gain exposure to various technologies used in Advertising and E-commerce platforms.
- Work with the data scientists and product managers to carry out various experiments across different areas of the AdTech platforms to improve customer experience and ad relevance.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
- 5+ years' experience in internet-scale distributed technologies (e.g. Solr, Kafka, Memcached, etc.) and/or Big Data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm, etc.)
- Relevant experience with relational / non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc)
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, etc)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of design patterns, their trade-offs, and associated applications
- 2+ years of experience in designing, developing, and maintaining scalable APIs
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in the advertising domain
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability and system architecture with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt.
- Strong inclination towards exploring and learning new technologies
- Understanding of machine learning
- Hands-on experience developing in a service-oriented architecture for a Linux environment
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
840 W CALIFORNIA AVE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-4828, United States of America