Senior Software Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
What you'll do at Walmart Labs...
We are looking for outstanding data engineers with skills in distributed computing system and experience working with very large scale of data, who will work closely with machine learning/data scientists in the team, and contribute to Advertising Technology in driving the future of ad targeting, personalization, relevance, ranking, and campaign optimization.
Join us if you want to be spending your time on:
- Building, maintaining and monitoring scalable data pipelines to support modeling and optimization products;
- Analyzing, identifying, and debugging data related issues to ensure quality and stability of models and applications;
- Working with machine learning/data scientists to build prototypes and perform experiments;
- Working with engineering team to productize new features and products;
- Performing ad hoc data related analysis.
- Masters or equivalent degree in a computational science or engineering with 4+ years of experience in machine learning/data engineer role;
- Familiarity with distributed computing frameworks (e.g., Hadoop/Spark) and relational data base (e.g., Oracle, MySQL), and knowledge of NoSQL database (Cassandra);
- Strong implementation experience with a programming language (e.g., Java/C++/Scala) and a scripting language (e.g., Python/Perl/Ruby), and familiarity with Linux/Unix/Shell environments;
- Strong hands-on skills in building scalable and reliable data pipelines for sourcing, cleaning and manipulating large volumes of data;
- Basic understanding of machine learning/statistics.
- Experience building/maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working with Public clouds
- Experience building and maintaining large scale data pipelines in online advertising, recommender system, ecommerce or relevant areas;
- Experience building/maintaining machine learning models and pipelines;
- Experience building monitoring systems/dashboards for data pipelines.
- Familiarity with job scheduler (e.g., Jenkins/Azkaban/Airflow)
- Experience with Elastic Search/Solr.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification Primary Location...600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Back to top