Senior Software Engineer
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
Walmart's Advertising Technology group enables the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, "Save Money. Live Better," we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This position is part of the Sponsored Products team in the Advertising Technology organization. Walmart is investing in building a world class advertising platform and the Sponsored Products team is responsible for building performance advertising products that drive discovery, sales and profit. The team operates an end to end advertising platform that includes the ad server that serves hundreds of millions of impressions each day, sophisticated ad matching algorithms, real-time measurement, self-service buying interface for end to end campaign management etc.
We are a highly motivated group of engineers and data scientists, working in an agile group to solve sophisticated and high impact problems. We serve billions of ad requests every month with our high performance ad servers. We build smart data systems that ingest, model and analyze massive flow of data from online and offline user activity. We use cutting edge machine learning, data mining and optimization algorithms to analyze data. Above all, we are passionate about delivering experiences that our customers and advertisers love.
In this role, you will:
- Develop highly scalable services to process millions of requests per day and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Gain exposure to various technologies used in Advertising and E-commerce platforms.
- Work with the data scientists and product managers to carry out various experiments across different areas of the AdTech platforms to improve customer experience and ad relevance.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
- 5+ years' experience in internet-scale distributed technologies (e.g. Solr, Kafka, Mem Cache, etc.) and/or Big Data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Storm, etc.)
- Relevant experience with relational / non-relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle, Cassandra, etc)
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures
- Expertise in one or more programming languages (e.g. Java, Scala, etc)
- Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in the advertising domain
- Advanced knowledge of performance, scalability and system architecture with an eye toward avoiding and reducing technical debt.
- Strong inclination towards exploring and learning new new technologies
- Understanding of machine learning
- Hands-on experience developing in a service-oriented architecture for a Linux environment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science 2 years' experience in software engineering
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field
Information Technology - CISCO Certification - Certification Primary Location...600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Back to top