- Rogers, AR
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make to create the future of retail, from responsible sourcing to sustainability - and everything in between.
As a Senior Merchant, your expertise, vision and strategy will allow you to see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Leveraging your advocacy and negotiation skills with the access and scale of the Walmart system, you'll make a direct impact on the business and help families all over the world save money and live better. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture and have the support and tools you need to do your job, learn, grow and succeed.
What you'll do...
As a Senior Merchant you will lead a cross-functional buying matrix team, establish strategy and manage budgets to drive profitable growth, develop robust partnerships with suppliers, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience. You know your supplier and customer needs better than anyone else and are constantly thinking about what is next for your business. Success in this role requires tenacity, an analytical mindset, influence, and a competitive spirit. You'll use your executive presence to work with suppliers at all levels and navigate interesting, complex challenges.
You'll make an impact by:
- Developing strategy and growth of multiple formats and departments for large, complex, or high-risk categories and subcategories by identifying relevant trends to meet diverse customer needs.
- Growing your category: planning, budgeting, forecasting and driving growth for the category and establishing a comprehensive understanding of the competitive landscape
- Establishing and influencing high-visibility supplier relationships
- Developing and managing new and existing product lines
- Always looking for creative ideas to drive business improvements, innovation, and customer experience.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising or related field and 4 years' experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.OR 6 years' experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.
1 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers, Supervisory
Masters: Business, Masters: Merchandising
Back to top