Senior Manager II, Software Engineering - Ecomm
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Senior Manager to join our growing organization. Reporting to the Engineering Director of Sam's Club, you will be a key contributor to designing, building, managing, and maintaining some of the key technology that powers our cloud platform. You will also supervise, mentor and grow a talented team of DevOps Engineers, while working closely with cross-functional teams to provide a highly available and fault-tolerant application.
You will sweep us off our feet if:
• You have 10+ years of experience in full-stack software development, data, insights and infrastructure related field
• You have experience managing large scale production systems in cloud; must understand Azure and GCP
You have experience with observability tools
• You have experience with Kubernetes
• You have strong communication, interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills
• You have previous people management experience
• You have strong attention to detail, problem-solving and planning skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience working at enterprise-level ecommerce company is highly preferred
• Experience working with multiple disperse and cross-functional teams
• Previous technical experience with:
- Performance engineering
- Management of Holiday events
- SOA, client/server architectures, high availability and N-Tier Systems
- Systems management concepts, processes and standards
- Git/github, Jira, Jenkins, Oracle, Cassandra, Megacache
- Experience with configuration management
- Configuring and maintaining virtual networking; firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, security and DNS
You'll make an impact by:
Building strategic relationships:
- Partner with tech and business leadership to create and support SamsClub.com's ecosystem infrastructure and application within cloud
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (i.e., Infrastructure Engineering, Development, QA and Operations) at Sam's Club and Walmart to:
- Optimize global operation processes and standards
- Deliver production changes and deployment management on common/shared services
- Improve system and environment resilience and stability
- Solve problems, escalate, reproduce, validate, perform training, debug or deploy software
- Apply up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering to development, execution and improvement of action plans
Building innovative technology:
- Own important components of architecture and cross-functional system-level design that powers our Public Cloud.
- Provide scalable and reliable solutions to manage infrastructure and application within multiple disparate cloud infrastructures
- Work with customers to deploy cloud-based services
- Participate in vendor evaluations and management
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation of DevOps operation
Acting as a role model to the team:
- Manage, mentor and grow the DevOps team with cross-training, guided examples and effective performance evaluations
Operating with excellence:
• Serve as a key contributor and advocate for the best practices by providing guidance, training and documentation to business
• Comply with company's policies and procedures that support it's mission, values, and standards of ethics, integrity and security
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering OR PhD
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Primary Location...600 WEST CALIFORNIA AVENUE, SUNNYVALE, CA 94086-2486, United States of America
Back to top