Senior Manager II, Data Science, eComm
- Daly City, CA
What you'll do...
The Data Scientist, Supply Chain Strategy & Analytics, will lead various projects that deliver future operational strategies across Walmart's e-Commerce Supply Chain. The Data Scientist will be primarily responsible for leading advanced analytical modeling, simulation and optimization projects sponsored by the senior executive team. He/she will support our strategic plans, both creating and implementing strategic operational improvements to enable expansion of our business's scope and scale. This role is part of the Walmart eCommerce Supply Chain Strategy & Analytics team - a future-focused, action-biased, data-driven department chartered with improving all aspects of the supply chain from network design to inbound/outbound transportation and multi-channel initiatives by leveraging big data. This is a high-impact and high-visibility role within the organization with expectations to deliver immediate results.
A Data Scientist is responsible for analyzing large data sets, developing custom models and authoring deployable algorithms. Data Scientists typically work within project teams to provide technical and analytical leadership and are also responsible for researching new trends in the industry and utilizing up-to-date technology and analytical methods in their assigned projects.
- Manage and execute entire projects from start to finish including cross-functional project management, data gathering and manipulation, analysis and modeling, and communication of insights and recommendations.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and creativity when developing solutions to improve existing business processes within supply chain utilizing methods such as statistical analysis, regression modeling and optimization.
- Work independently to manage multiple projects at once while ensuring deadlines are met and data output is accurate and appropriate for the business. Must also be able to deal with ambiguity and make independent decisions about what data and approach is best for the task at hand.
- Build scalable and complex supply chain models and processes to optimize supply chain strategies with goals to deliver excellent customer experience while balancing operating cost and asset efficiency.
- Identify areas of opportunity and drive results partnering with cross functional partners
- Develop relationships with Wal-Mart functional areas in San Bruno, CA, as well as in Bentonville, AR, to identify best practices, solicit input/data, coordinate inter-disciplinary initiatives and to gather support for recommendations
- Potential projects can include:
- Create models to analyze the supply chain network need to support future sales growth with scenario modeling capabilities to understand the sensitivity to multiple variables; provide insight to Logistics executives on opening, closing, or repurposing DCs; analyze impact to multiple networks simultaneously; and create scenario analyses extending beyond the five-year modeling horizon
- Develop optimization logic and tool to determine truckload lane strategy for outbound transportation balancing cost and SLA requirements
- Develop logic and tool to determine optimal share of volume to process in various customer buying channels in the company balancing inventory availability, capacity, cost, and service level requirements
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 5
years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science,
Information Technology or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3: 7 years' experience in an analytics or related
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)
Back to top