Senior Manager I, Facilities Management Hvac/R-- Fort Wayne and Kalamazoo, Indiana
- Fort Wayne, IN
What you'll do...
- Directs heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration, plumbing, electrical, and critical power maintenance and service operations by evaluating current and future projects; examining facility needs; evaluating equipment needs; identifying equipment to increase efficiency; directing temperature adjustment; analyzing systems and load requirements to determine setback modes for energy reduction; evaluating air flow and humidity needs; ensuring functioning of facility systems; developing standard operating procedures ; and establishing facility maintenance inspections and preventive maintenance programs.
- Oversees execution of sustainability initiatives to meet Environmental Protection Agency compliance programs by reviewing project schedules; resolving issues from vendors, service providers, and contractors regarding scope of work; and providing technical training.
- Manages complex projects by determining work assignment priority; planning work assignments; developing and maintaining workforce and manpower needs; supervising work in progress; inspecting completed assignments; creating punch lists to document discrepancies; ensuring completion of projects and assignments; and verifying and approving material requisitions and timecards.
- Directs regional field operations by developing goals and direction; approving activities; controlling maintenance costs; tracking facility-scheduled preventive maintenance service completion; monitoring contractor performance; assisting in district goal-setting; and reviewing progress on initiatives.
- Ensures financial sustainability by developing and approving budgets up to authorization spend for capital expenses, staff needs, and staff compensation increases; presenting budgets ; evaluating return on investment; collecting scopes of work and sign off sheets; approving contracts and invoices; and determining people resource requirements based on workload, cost, and company growth.
- Reviews budget plan by verifying cost estimates on requested and planned projects; approving purchases of parts, materials, equipment, and supplies; providing technical assistance and consultation to facilitate purchases; and verifying purchase receipt and acceptance.
- Maintains project oversight by ensuring timelines are met and coordinating changes; managing costs; monitoring the status of work and communicating schedules; providing updates to administrative coordinator to track; ensures availability of materials and equipment; preparing labor and material cost estimates; recommending equipment and facility improvements and cost reductions; approving invoices.
- Manages department budget by gathering and analyzing data trends; validating spending related to materials and labor; reviewing facility-related invoices by set procedures; developing reports; approving expenditures at set spending limit; managing warranty reimbursement; and ensuring landlord compliance with lease agreements.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry laws, regulations, and guidelines by reviewing new and existing laws, regulations, and guidelines; and conducting inspections. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, or related field and 3 years' experience in facilities management, construction management, mechanical maintenance, engineering, or related area OR 5 years' experience in facilities management, construction management, mechanical maintenance, engineering, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
General Maintenance, Supervising Associates, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Back to top