- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
- Supports and leads User Experience strategy and innovation by evaluating the current competitive landscape for compelling customer experiences; analyzing future trends and forecasts in related fields; constructing compelling artifacts outlining present conditions and proposed solutions; and presenting information within and across the organization to gain strategic alignment and encourage change.
- Supports the continuous improvement of and leads the creation of user experience tools, documentation, and processes by maintaining holistic viewpoint when tackling project decisions; defining solutions frameworks from a scalable and global viewpoint; contributing to the evolution of site standards; collecting feedback and industry research standards; and providing recommendations.
- Creates the user experience designs (for example, user interface design comps, visual design specs, prototypes) for complex and comprehensive initiative-level projects by leading project design definition activities; defining methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving creation of designs and specs that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; and working with Engineering leads to determine the effectiveness of solutions.
- Mentors Associate Designers and Designers in day-to-day User Experience design methodology and principles by providing guidance on project based design tasks; and creating educational design modules for the User Experience practice curriculum.
- Manages user experience design, prototyping, and specification writing projects by proposing and leading project definition activities; working with other project team members to define methods to be used, including competitive audits and secondary research; driving the creation of designs, prototypes, and specifications that will advance the company's merchandising, business, marketing, and branding objectives; presenting designs to project and business teams for review; working with Engineering leads to determine the effectiveness of solutions; producing detailed design documentation and other specifications required to implement design; working with product manager and team to define documentation scope; reviewing project product requirements document (PRD) to ensure correct translation of design; and providing quality assurance (QA) feedback to and consultation with HTML, Engineering, and Product Management teams prior to launch.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans; using the Open Door Policy; and demonstrating and assisting others with how to apply these in executing business processes and practices.
- Previous UX/UI design experience
- Bachelor degree in Design, Visual Arts, or a relevant field
- Strong portfolio of completed design projects
- At least 4 years of design experience
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity in top design concept and prototyping tools (Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Strong communication skills in discussing and communicating design concepts with internal teams and external stakeholders
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 2 years design experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year design experience OR 4 years design experience
1 year experience designing front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android,
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Designing front-end user experience solutions for consumer software development using modern web technologies (for example, AJAX, Ruby on Rails, strong HTML/CSS skills), Developing user experience solutions with agile methodology, eCommerce, Software Design
Back to top