Senior Design Researcher - eComm
- Daly City, CA
What you'll do...
Senior Design Researcher
About the Team
Our team builds products to enhance the lives of millions of Americans. We create richly compelling digital experiences for customers - whether they are at home, in our stores, or on the go. We build the tools our Home Office Merchants need to select the very best products to help our customers live better. We also make the services and systems our 1.2 million employees need to do their jobs in our stores and throughout our entire supply chain.
At Walmart, our customers and associates are at the center of all our efforts, and design research is one way we observe and listen to our users to make sure we are designing the best experience for their needs. As a Sr. Design Researcher, you will represent the perspective of our customers and associates to help support our strategic vision. If you are motivated to help teams understand complex areas of our business, being a Senior Design Researcher could be the fit you've been looking for.
You'll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- A strong working knowledge and extensive experience with both generative and evaluative research methods, and how to apply them in a fast-moving organization.
- The ability to translate insight into action. You help teams understand customer needs, attitudes, and behaviors through thoughtful and actionable research. Your work informs both strategic and tactical efforts.
- Knowledge of the product design process and experience collaborating with other researchers, designers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to help transform complex problems into easy-to-use products. You recommend how to best address our research goals and questions, so your partners don't have to.
- The ability to work without close supervision but you seek out and welcome feedback from senior leaders and managers.
- Ability to produce great work in short timeframes, multi-task across different projects and platforms and adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the business.
You'll make an impact by:
- Pulling from a broad toolkit of research methods, including live studies, un-moderated studies, field studies, participatory design, heuristic evaluations, and remote usability testing.
- Enhancing your work by actively seeking out research and metrics from other sources to provide comprehensive recommendations that inform design and business strategy.
- Working with our research partners (site analytics, consumer insights) to synthesize and leverage existing data and coordinate research efforts.
- Working quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality and knowing how to adapt to the ever-changing priorities of the Omnichannel business.
- Staying up-to-date with the latest industry news and developments.
- Contributing to team processes and standards to help establish best practices for research.
- Having strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Perks and Benefits
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor Degree and 3 years' design research experience OR Masters Degree and 1 year's design research experience OR 7 years' design
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Conducting quantitative on-line research methodologies with systems (for example, UserZoom, Keynote), Researching front-end user experience solutions for mobile applications on major smartphone platforms (for example, Android, iOS)
Masters: Econometrics, Masters: Human Computer Interaction, Masters: Psychometrics
Back to top