Optometrist - Sam's Club
- Rock Island, IL
What you'll do...
What Our Independent Optometrist Do
- Provide evidence-based optical care to ensure patient's health and well-being by recommending and prescribing medications and other treatment options (for example, red eye, LASIK surgery, cataract surgery) using evidence-based care guidelines; delivering routine optical care; and educating patients and associates on eye health.
- Evaluate patients' health condition across and within the full vision center scope of service (for example, visual acuity, visual function and eye health, keratometry, refraction) to ensure proper diagnosis and treatment by reviewing complete patient medical history information and performing comprehensive eye examinations.
- Examine eyes utilizing observation, instruments, and pharmaceutical agents to determine visual acuity and perception, focus, and coordination, as well as identify signs of vision defects (for example, injury, disease, abnormality).
- Prescribe eyeglasses, contact lenses, and other vision aids; suggesting, interpreting, and assessing diagnostic tests (for example, glaucoma testing, macular degeneration, Optical Coherence Tomography-OCT).
- Provide additional vision treatment (for example, foreign body removal) as necessary; developing treatment plans based on patients' clinical presentation using evidence-based care guidelines.
- Ensure overall coordinated and integrated patient care experience and high-quality customer service.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Doctoral degree in Optometry (OD) from accredited optometry school. Licensed optometrist in good standing in state of practice.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Back to top