Medical Assistant, Walmart Health - Fayetteville, GA
- Peachtree City, GA
What you'll do...
- Provides administrative support to Walmart Health Centers by utilizing electronic medical record (EMR) and practice management systems to complete administrative tasks (for example, patient registration and intake, scheduling follow up appointments with patients, payment transactions); processing patient referrals to specialists; processing insurance information; ensuring proper coding for patient visits; verifying patient insurance eligibility; collecting appropriate insurance copayment amounts; and monitoring inventory to order medical and office supplies and materials
- Ensures the proper delivery of patient care by collecting patient medical history; preparing treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Assisting medical provider with patient examinations, emergencies, and medical procedures; collecting lab specimens (for example, urine and blood) from patients for testing; measuring and recording vital signs and patient information (for example, pain assessment, pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, height) in patient's electronic chart; operating diagnostic equipment (for example, glucometers, pulse oximeters, nebulizers, oxygen equipment) to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Administering medications (for example, orally, by subcutaneous or intramuscular injection) as ordered by medical provider; communicating patient information and concerns to medical staff; and communicating physician's instructions to patients.
- Represents the company in healthcare quality, compliance, and customer service by maintaining patient, employee, and computer data confidentiality; participating in quality assurance audits, quality improvement initiatives, and quality management programs; assisting in the development and promotion of clinical practice
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Graduated from an accredited medical assistant program OR military medical services training program, OR hold current CMA, RMA, CCMA, or NCMA certification, OR LPN license, OR have been working as a MA for 5 out of the last 7 years, OR 1 year's experience instructing in an accredited MA program.
Current American Heart Association or Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
1 year's experience with Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and International Classification of Diseases (ICD) coding.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Electronic medical record (EMR) systems, Intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook), Phlebotomy and lab specimen processing, Primary care clinic, community care clinic, family care practice, or retail healthcare clinic
Back to top