Manager, Software Engineering - GEC
- Sunnyvale, CA
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Tech is looking for a hands-on engineering manager to lead our Identity platform team. You will be one of the key members of the team driving the design and building new features. You will inspire teams to engage and enable solutions around complex Identity features across Web and Native apps.
You will be working closely with business and product for a mission which driving Walmart Global Tech to the next level.
Do you thrive in a start-up like culture and want to work with a company which is defining and building the next generation digital experiences and have an impact on hundreds of millions of users?
If so....We Want To Talk To YOU!
- Develop Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices by leading internal technical teams; partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; developing assessments of key opportunities; documenting project scopes; developing long-range plans and project timelines; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and resolving technology differences across teams through informed discussions.
- Utilize industry research to improve Walmart's Global Tech environment by analyzing industry best practices; benchmarking industry against internal processes and solutions; researching or influencing future industry solutions for fit with internal needs; and defining software development guidelines, standards and processes.
- Lead and participate in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirements, wire frames); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with project team and cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery and hand-offs; interacting with project manager to provide input on project plan; and providing leadership to the project team.
- Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects by providing pertinent documents, direction, and examples; identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions; implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Troubleshoot business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); engaging support teams to assist in the resolution of issues; formulating an action plan; directing actions as designated in the plan; interpreting the results to determine further action; performs root cause analysis to prevent future occurrence of issues; and completing online documentation.
- Support business objectives by collaborating with business partners to identify opportunities; addressing high-priority initiatives (for example, business strategy, technical feasibility, implementation alternatives); identifying short- and long-term solutions; and leading cross-functional partnership.
- Lead the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design by partnering with the product management, Web Operations, project management, business and user experience teams; obtaining cross-function approvals; driving proof-of-concept; and implementing prototypes to validate ideas.
- Drive the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Provide supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness.
- Promote and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Ensure business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- Be both a highly technical hands-on coder and an effective people manager.
- Organize and facilitate regular 1:1's with your team for coaching and mentoring.
- 10 years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience (managing teams of 8 or more developers).
- Passionate about reviewing a LOT of code and should be willing to write code 25% of the time
- 5+ years of experience building highly scalable, high performance, responsive web applications.
- 2+ years of Experience with ReactJs/Redux
- Experience interfacing with Web Services platforms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment
- Familiarity with Automation Tools
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Back to top