What you'll do...
Working at Sam's Club means a career without boundaries. There's always room to grow, to take on another challenge, to roll up your sleeves and contribute, and to find professional rewards for your hard work.
Yes, we are a division of the Fortune #1 company, Walmart, Inc. But you'll quickly find that we're a company that wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Sam's Club is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our clubs. Join us and you'll discover why our company is a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Opportunities also available in these US locations: Sterling, IL - Mankato, MN - Cheyenne, WY - Harrisonville, MO - Olney, IL - Auburn, IN - Washington Court House, OH - Bedford, PA - Johnstown, NY
Henderson, NC - Monroe, GA - Pottsville, PA - Robert, LA - Pauls Valley, OK - Colton, CA - Terrell, TX - Cocoa, FL
What you'll do...
- Oversees quality, freshness, and food safety of grocery products in a distribution center as they flow from suppliers through distribution centers to stores and clubs.
- Inspects inbound fresh produce & floral, poultry and meat for adherence to Sam's Club specifications.
- Participates in companywide initiatives to control costs and deliver high quality products to Sam's Club members.
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Oversees Seafood Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) plan
- Oversees Sam's fruit ripening program
- Oversees cold chain compliance within the distribution center to ensure products are kept at proper temperature.
- Provides communication on fresh product quality to the merchant group and other relevant stakeholders to improve the quality of perishable products.
- Interfaces with the vendor community regarding quality of products being received into Sam's Club Distribution Centers.
You'll make an impact by:
- Making Decisions: you will make decisions about dozens of products and processes every day. From quality to food safety and compliance, you will be involved in the decisions that shape Quality for Sam's Club and our Members.
- Building Relationships: you'll use your knowledge and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, merchants, replenishment and club operations.
- Product Knowledge: your background knowledge will be leveraged daily, and you will always be learning more to build a broad foundation across all Fresh departments.
- Creating, collaborating and innovating: you will work with merchants, suppliers and other quality teams to develop and enhance product specifications, processes, and engage in other initiatives to take Sam's Club Fresh quality to the next level.
- Continuous Improvement: Create, analyze, and provide feedback to merchants and other business partners on daily matters that could affect our Member's by utilizing performance data to identify improvement opportunities across all Fresh departments in Sam's Club.
- 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years of experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years of experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 1-2 years of experience in food safety, vendor management or a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience of poultry or meat industry experience, preferably quality related.
- 2 years of experience using basic Microsoft Office functionality (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook).
- 3 years of retail produce inspection experience or USDA inspection experience.
- 2 years of fruit ripening experience.
- 6 years of experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Science, or related field and 2 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field OR 4 years' experience in agricultural quality control, agronomy, food retail management, or related field. 1 year's of supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Agriculture, Agronomy, Food Service, Microsoft Office, Retail Management
Primary Location...390 HIGHRIDGE PARK RD, POTTSVILLE, PA 17901-8100, United States of America