Manager II, Security Business Continuity Planning
- Rogers, AR
What you'll do...
The Manager II, Enterprise Business Continuity will oversee and drive continuity planning efforts on a global level, working closely with other program areas within the Global Emergency Management organization at Walmart Inc. Experience in program-level administration is highly advantageous to assist in streamlining existing processes while building on existing framework and planning methodology.
While this role will collaborate and partner with the emergency management and preparedness programs, the ideal candidate should have extensive experience specific to business continuity program management to include business continuity platform administration.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
As part of the Business Continuity team will lead end-to-end program implementation at all levels of the organization. Utilize scoping methodology to determine necessary planning efforts of business continuity plans, specialized recovery plans, and/or crisis management plans. Ensure consistency and compliance as team conducts Business Impact Analyses (BIAs), documents recovery strategies and procedures, and delivers exercises along with necessary training and awareness activities. Provides guidance for on-going support and overall risk analysis.
Develop and maintain relationships with key business stakeholders inside and outside the organization. Work alongside Emergency Preparedness and Planning team, Response Operations, Crisis Management Team, and Disaster Recovery. Present program-level goals to leadership and demonstrate collective need for planning efforts across the organization. Establish credibility and accountability when interacting with global planning entities while analyzing possible risk and mitigation strategies.
Promote training and awareness of continuity efforts at Walmart Inc. at all levels. Update program policies, procedures, and standards as needed to foster flexible and adaptive program nature considering organizational and environmental changes. Instill a mindset within and outside of Enterprise Continuity Planning to drive innovation, efficiency, and effectiveness regarding all aspects of the planning process. Strive to deliver best-in-class service in lock-step with national, international, and industry standards.
Serve as the business continuity platform administrator to include:
- Manage and track overall program maturity including operational and planning goals
- Define and improve metrics reporting and executive dashboards
- Enhance platform as necessary in line with program timelines
- Act as key point of reference for the team and planning entities in the event of a disruption
- IT skills including coding and back-end management strongly recommended
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Management, Social Sciences, Government, Communications, Business or related field or 4 years' experience in emergency management or related field.
- 2 years' experience implementing and maintaining a business continuity program, training or exercise programs.
- Possess knowledge and experience in areas of business resiliency, emergency/disaster management, emergency procedure protocols and specialized crisis planning.
Preferred Qualifications/Nice to Haves:
- Expertise with implementing and maintaining a BC planning technology.
- Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP).
- Master Business Continuity Professional (MBCP).
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM).
- Certified Project Management Professional.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Emergency Management, Risk Management, Security, or related field and 2 years' experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area OR 4 years' experience in security, emergency management, risk management, law enforcement, fire service, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Emergency Management, Project Management, Supervising Associates
Masters: Business Administration
Back to top